Potion Guide

#1TooFlyForAWifiPosted 12/21/2012 2:32:30 PM
There has been a lot of talk about how to make different potions, and their effects, in this topic, I will be discussing the different types of potions in Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition and how to make them.

First, you will have to make a brewing stand, which is made of one Blaze Rod and three pieces of Cobblestone.

You will then need too make bottles which are made of three pieces of glass, and yield you three bottles.

Now starts the brewing...

-Add anywhere from one to three water bottles to the Brewing Stand. (An empty bottle filled with water.)
- Add a piece of Nether Wart to the Brewing Stand. This will create the "Awkward Potion" which can be used to make other potions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Primary Potions
-Mudane Potion. This is a combination of the Awkward Potion and a Ghast Tear, Glistering Melon, Blaze Powder, Magma Cream, Sugar, or Spider Eye.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secondary Potions - Positive

-Potion of Healing. Crafted by combining the Awkward Potion with a Glistering Melon. Restores three hearts per potion. Activated instantly.

-Potion of Fire Resistance. Crafted by combining the Awkward Potion with a Magma Cream. Gives immunity to damage from fire, lava, and ranged Blaze attacks. Lasts for three minutes.

-Potion of Regeneration. Crafted by combining the Awkward Potion with a Ghast Tear. Restores health over time by approximately one-and-a-half hearts every 2.4 seconds. Lasts for 45 seconds.

-Potion of Strength. Crafted by combining the Awkward Potion with a Blaze Powder. Adds one-and-a-half hearts of damage to all melee attacks, with or without weapons. Lasts for three minutes.

-Potion of Swiftness. Crafted by combining the Awkward Potion with a piece of sugar. Increases player's movement speed, sprinting speed, and jumping length by approximately 20%. Lasts for three minutes.

-Potion of Night Vision. (Not in this update, but I included it for future reference.) Crafted by combining the Awkward Potion with a Golden Carrot. Makes everything appear to be at max light level, including underwater areas. Lasts for three minutes.
Secondary Potions - Negative

-Potion of Poison. Crafted by combining the Awkward Potion with a Spider Eye. Poisons the player for the given time, reducing the health to a half heart at most, at a rate of approximately a half heart every 1.5 seconds. Lasts for 45 seconds.

-Potion of Weakness. Crafted by combining the Awkward Potion with a Fermented Spider Eye. Reduces all melee attacks by one heart of damage.
Modifiers

-Redstone Dust. Increases the duration of the potion.

-Glowstone Dust. Increases potency of the potion. (Makes it stronger.)

-Fermented Spider Eye. Corrupts Potion. (Makes harming potions hurt more.)

-Gunpowder. Turns the current potion into a splash potion. (Makes it able to be thrown. You will lose some of the effects, and it is recommended to throw it at eye level,)
If I missed anything during this guide, please feel free to comment. Request a sticky if you wish. This should be a help to both beginning and veteran Minecraft players alike.

Sources: Minecraft Wiki - http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Brewing#Potions and past expierences.
#2DoubleUTeeEfffPosted 12/21/2012 3:01:37 PM
Very good work. Sticky is needed.
---
Two amazing webites: http://breadfish.de/
http://www.omfgdogs.com/
#3DoubleUTeeEfffPosted 12/21/2012 3:03:12 PM
I requested my sticky. Others need to as well.
---
Two amazing webites: http://breadfish.de/
http://www.omfgdogs.com/
#4Dominator24246Posted 12/21/2012 3:14:18 PM
Nice job, but you forgot to add potions of slowness.
---
.-'-.-'-.-'-.[[[[[[[[[[||||||||||]]]]]]]]]].-'-.-'-.-'-.
#5ssj3bladePosted 12/21/2012 4:11:10 PM
Good start, but

You will lose some of the effects

Which ones?

-Glowstone Dust. Increases potency of the potion. (Makes it stronger.)

By how much?
---

~ ssj3blade
|| Gamertag = finalfantastica
#6andhe78Posted 12/21/2012 4:25:55 PM
I thought a mundane potion was a combination of the water bottle (not the awkward potion) and a ghast tear, glistening melon, etc.
#7MyGroovPosted 12/21/2012 5:14:09 PM
"your sticky request has been accepted"

Thanks for the info!
---
GT: MyGroov
Official Frozen TWSSted of Alaska
#8Divided_By_OnePosted 12/21/2012 6:24:25 PM
You might also add something about which potions can be upgraded in which way, for example, You don't have anything about potions of Instant Health or Harming.

I like Splash Potions of Harming.
---
"He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know." -Lao Tzu
#9imthestuntmanPosted 12/21/2012 6:35:55 PM
or better than waiting for future update for night eye potion: drink healing potion, change gamma setting to 100% and leave there.
#10TheIastspartanPosted 12/21/2012 10:53:18 PM
Nice post. But you're missing a lot of stuff and there's tons of great(and complete) potion guides out there, so I'm going to have to pass on the sticky.