Villagers respawn?

#1NatsuSamaPosted 1/3/2013 2:27:33 PM
Do villagers respawn? I killed a few by accident trying to flatten the land with tnt so i have only about 5 left in the village.

Also, my current world doesnt have a blaze spawner. I started building a castle before checking. I have already saved after building my castle. I went to the nether to see if I had one, saw I didnt, so I decided not to save so I wouldnt get a chunk update. Is it possible to get a nether fortress in the next update in this world since I didnt save my exploration in the nether?
---
WAAAH, I CAN'T BEAT THIS GUY WITH HIS TACTICS, I'M GONNA CALL IT SPAM AND CONDEMN HIM FOR USING IT
#2darren19822000Posted 1/3/2013 2:57:52 PM
can you make one in creative mode?
---
gt darren reefnugs
#3NatsuSama(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 3:08:55 PM
no.
---
WAAAH, I CAN'T BEAT THIS GUY WITH HIS TACTICS, I'M GONNA CALL IT SPAM AND CONDEMN HIM FOR USING IT
#4Metroid_LoverPosted 1/3/2013 3:16:33 PM(edited)
darren19822000 posted...
can you make one in creative mode?

We don't have spawn eggs, yet, so he can't do this.

-

For the villagers, from what I understand you just leave them alone, you don't feed them anything to get a kid.

Max # of villagers depends on the # of houses and villagers already there, I don't know the exact details, sorry. that will depend if they do breed or if at max, they won't.
*I'm not 100% sure if breeding for villagers have been added yet, but just make sure they can walk around freely and keep track of how many there are, all you can do right now*

Since you haven't saved after you went into the nether, you MIGHT get one after the next update/patch.
*there changing it to 100% change of getting a nether fortress since the xbox360 version map is so small*

Hope I helped a bit.
---
“Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game.” ~ Paul Rodriguez
#5Talon5967Posted 1/3/2013 4:08:35 PM
Villager numbers are about equal to one third of the number of doors in the village leading from indoors to outdoors. By that I mean sunlight hits the blocks on only one side of the door.

There's actually a bit more to it than that, but it's easier to post a link to the minecraft wiki than to type out the rest, so here it is:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Villager

Hopefully, that will help you figure it out. Now the question is: do villagers actually reproduce in the xbox version yet?
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#6SILKAPosted 1/3/2013 9:01:11 PM
Villager numbers are about equal to one third of the number of doors in the village leading from indoors to outdoors. By that I mean sunlight hits the blocks on only one side of the door.

There's actually a bit more to it than that, but it's easier to post a link to the minecraft wiki than to type out the rest, so here it is:

Hopefully, that will help you figure it out. Now the question is: do villagers actually reproduce in the xbox version yet?

Don't know if that's true because we still don't have professions yet.
---
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
#7SILKAPosted 1/3/2013 9:05:40 PM
no.

Actually you can make one, but not spawn one.
---
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
#8DarkLordMorsulPosted 1/8/2013 10:31:26 AM
can I get villagers in creative mode? hadn't played in Quite a while so got the update expected to get some villagers for my city... nobody around...
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#9FurioPosted 1/8/2013 1:49:42 PM
they will not spontaneously spawn in a village that had already been loaded previous to the update. If you have at least 2 villagers, you can breed them most easily by creating houses with a lot of doors, as a different poster said. If you have only one villager or less in your map sadly it is the only villagers you'll ever have unless they allow you to add them via creative eventually.
#10Talon5967Posted 1/8/2013 1:49:43 PM
SILKA posted...

Don't know if that's true because we still don't have professions yet.

Which would bring us into the problem of using the Minecraft Wiki, in that it's written for the PC version.

I built three "love shacks" in the village I've chosen as my world's capital, but so far I haven't seen anything come of it. However, I've been playing exclusively in creative mode, because right now I'm more interested in building stuff. I don't know if villagers multiply in creative, and the Wiki doesn't seem to say anything about it.

Though animals seem to multiply in creative, if the constantly overcrowding butcher shop yards are anything to go by.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega