Villagers Next Update

#1NatsuSamaPosted 1/4/2013 8:44:09 AM
I know its possible next update that we are going to be trading with villagers and they can possibly be something other than a farmer. My question has 4J said if they are going to make you restart your world to get all this? I know before update 7, no villagers would spawn until i made a new world, so is this going to be the same case? I honestly dont want to start over again, and I would really like to get more villagers that are not farmers for trading.
---
WAAAH, I CAN'T BEAT THIS GUY WITH HIS TACTICS, I'M GONNA CALL IT SPAM AND CONDEMN HIM FOR USING IT
#2IHappyGoLuckyIPosted 1/4/2013 9:26:28 AM
Obviously I don't know for sure, but it seems adding the trading actions to villagers that have already spawned wouldn't require a completely new world. It's possible villagers already have different encoded occupations, we just don't have the actions to tell on xbox.
---
Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious.
DW FC: 0430-4094-0916 DW Dawn FC: 0344-7129-6960
#3richisdisturbedPosted 1/4/2013 9:28:55 AM
4J hasn't really said much about the next update apart from The End being involved.

The second part of your question is a bit confusing to me, the way I understand what you're saying is that villagers won't spawn in your old seeds so you had to start a new world, and you want to know wether this will be the case again with trading?

From my understanding, villagers CAN spawn in old worlds... so I'm a little confused now!

If what yo say is right, then most likely you'll need a new seed. If I'm right, then you won't. But even so, you could just kill off some villagers and then they'd respawn with new jobs eventually.
---
Gamertag - richisdisturbed
http://soundcloud.com/richisdisturbed
#4NatsuSama(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 10:14:50 AM(edited)
richisdisturbed posted...
From my understanding, villagers CAN spawn in old worlds... so I'm a little confused now!

If what yo say is right, then most likely you'll need a new seed. If I'm right, then you won't. But even so, you could just kill off some villagers and then they'd respawn with new jobs eventually.

I had a village in my old world before the update smack in the middle of my city. I left it alone specifically for this current update, but when the update came out no villagers spawned. I thought maybe with the biome shift, maybe the village was moved so I checked the same seed on a brand new world, and the village hasnt moved and it had villagers inside the houses. I addressed this earlier on this forum and several people had the same problem so I know it wasnt just me getting this.

Anyhow, im just hoping when the next one comes out, im not stuck with farmers who cant trade, no various jobs and what not. Hopefully this update effects old world villagers.

Now your saying villagers should have spawned in my old world. So my new question would be, would toggling with a villagers house mess up them ever spawning? In the old world I had, while I kept the village itself where it was, I shifted houses over a few blocks here and there to make it look more like a city/town.
---
WAAAH, I CAN'T BEAT THIS GUY WITH HIS TACTICS, I'M GONNA CALL IT SPAM AND CONDEMN HIM FOR USING IT
#5ArchMageSynokPosted 1/4/2013 10:24:37 AM
not sure about trading needing an update, but trading comes with emeralds which will need a new world to get.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UNFgs.jpg
#6FurioPosted 1/4/2013 11:59:50 AM
Villagers should be able to breed, and the children would have a chance to have the different "jobs", if it's like the PC version, anyway. So just keep at least a couple villagers alive, make a bunch of huts with lots of doors, let them breed, and you'll probably be fine with your old world as long as you have a couple villagers.
#7FurioPosted 1/4/2013 12:02:24 PM
ArchMageSynok posted...
not sure about trading needing an update, but trading comes with emeralds which will need a new world to get.

In PC when trading started villagers also had emeralds. You can trade items for emeralds, or emeralds for items. If they implement it the same way. For example a villager might ask you for 23 pieces of paper, and in exchange will give you 1 emerald. Or they might ask for porkchops and give you emeralds. Or they might ask you for 4 emeralds, and offer you cookies, or armor or whatever.