Is it worth making a Blaze Farm?

#11AoENIACPosted 3/17/2013 12:20:35 AM
You can make the farm without making a ton of repeaters. Just make the crusher system a lever and count the number of times it hurts the blazes and shut it off before it kills them. You don't need to get it perfectly, you can undershoot to be safe because they'll still die in a few hits.

You could also just use what repeats you have and press the crusher button a few times.

The levels you get out of it will probably help you enchant a fortune pickaxe to help with getting more redstone or a silk touch pickaxe to get more stone. And even without silk touch, the blaze rods you get will help you bake more cobblestone into stone. Then you can finish the trap properly.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#12the_lokstirPosted 3/17/2013 12:59:01 AM
i dont understand the point of even having a crusher system. i just make a stone sword and hit them. i think im just really impatient though.
#13zack12369Posted 3/17/2013 1:18:53 AM
Trust me, i was the same way, diamonds aren't a worry. But it's so worth it... It may take forever to build, but it helps so much.
---
gt : z a c k t k.
http://tinyurl.com/d34tjqt
#14Mander1861Posted 3/17/2013 1:46:03 AM
the_lokstir posted...
i dont understand the point of even having a crusher system. i just make a stone sword and hit them. i think im just really impatient though.

The only manly man in this topic besides me.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#15Red_Baron07Posted 3/17/2013 2:00:27 AM
They work well in a community server....except when morons just hit every button 30x without understanding how it works.

I also keep having redstone torch burnouts. I swear at LEAST 1x a week i gotta go and fix it. HI HOW ARE YOU built it, and idk much about different blaze designs. But if i can find one that doesnt require torches i may rebuild it.
---
Bruste? GT: Colonel Hans
#16Cats_of_KlibanPosted 3/17/2013 2:09:58 AM
the_lokstir posted...
i think im just really impatient though.

Maybe "efficient" is a better description ..since with sharpness 3 a blaze dies in 2 hits on hard difficulty anyhow.
I understand people wanting to build interesting things, but in this case it seems they are making something simple into something complicated. A kneecapping station takes maybe 8 cobble blocks & 8 seconds to build. On the rare time you get hit by fire it only does 3 hearts damage (with no armor or fire potion) so no real threat ..assuming you don't just stand there on the block on fire ..lol.
---
. .. ... ....
#17Pokenub(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:11:56 AM
Darn ittt. Made my killing thing a bit too far away from the actual spawner.. Now I have to go up a ladder to make em spawn in.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Games I am looking forward to: Super Motherload, Mewgenics.
#18ManInBlack_77Posted 3/17/2013 11:49:50 AM
I haven't bothered to build an actual farm I just walled in a room with cobblestone around the spawner and I go in with iron armor, diamond sword, and fire resistance potions and if you aren't aware despite the name they are actually fire IMMUNITY potions, you can swim in lava with no ill effects. The ingredients for a fire potion that lasts 8 minutes is just neteherwart, magma cream, redstone.

Redstone is obviously easy to get and netherwart is easy to farm once you have the first piece, magma cream can be a little bit more of a hassle since you have to track down magma cubes which aren't exactly rare but are unpredictable, but if you have a good slime farm working (and you should) a slime ball combined with blaze powder (made from blaze rods) makes magma cream. So really once you've made you're first batch the whole thing is self sustaining. Take 3 of those potions (one brew stand worth) with you and you can be completely immune to fire for 24 minutes.

Blazes do have a physical attack if you get right next to them but they mostly rely on the fire balls and as long as you have a potion active the fire does nothing. Iron armor is more than sufficient protection for the few small hits and it will barely get damaged if you're doing it right.
---
Time magazine's Man of the Year in 2006! Really. Google it if you don't believe me.
#19Pokenub(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 12:01:44 PM
ManInBlack_77 posted...
I haven't bothered to build an actual farm I just walled in a room with cobblestone around the spawner and I go in with iron armor, diamond sword, and fire resistance potions and if you aren't aware despite the name they are actually fire IMMUNITY potions, you can swim in lava with no ill effects. The ingredients for a fire potion that lasts 8 minutes is just neteherwart, magma cream, redstone.

Redstone is obviously easy to get and netherwart is easy to farm once you have the first piece, magma cream can be a little bit more of a hassle since you have to track down magma cubes which aren't exactly rare but are unpredictable, but if you have a good slime farm working (and you should) a slime ball combined with blaze powder (made from blaze rods) makes magma cream. So really once you've made you're first batch the whole thing is self sustaining. Take 3 of those potions (one brew stand worth) with you and you can be completely immune to fire for 24 minutes.

Blazes do have a physical attack if you get right next to them but they mostly rely on the fire balls and as long as you have a potion active the fire does nothing. Iron armor is more than sufficient protection for the few small hits and it will barely get damaged if you're doing it right.

Woah.. I'm glad I went with the trap route.. that sounds even more annoying than what I did XD
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Games I am looking forward to: Super Motherload, Mewgenics.
#20Metroid_LoverPosted 3/17/2013 12:50:48 PM
AoENIAC posted...
Building a blaze farm is totally worth it. They give large EXP orbs and drop blaze rods and glowstone powder like candy. And some people in this topic are grossly overstating the difficulty and time required in their construction. Use a design based on Ethos' and it should go quickly without being resource intensive.

Once you have your blaze farm, every time you need to go do something away from your controller, just stand in the waiting room so that blazes accumulate while you're gone.

So true, I level up faster with this Blaze spawner, then with my zombie spawner.

I just finished a Blaze XP/farm in my game, took a long time since I had to stop and kill Ghasts that were going after me.

I followed Etho's tutorial here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrtcJ4c_6oQ

Materials it took to make(about):
Sticky Pistons: 38
Repeaters: 60
Redstone Dust(raw): 56
Redstone torch: 13
Stone pressure plate: 24
Lava bucket: 4

BTW: It will be WAY easier to make if the Blaze spawner is not out in the open, and over lava like mine way.
---
"...demons are concerned with ripping out your heart, not your signpost." - Grizwold (Diablo)