How to create your own end portal in creative mode.

#1imthestuntmanPosted 4/4/2013 2:53:31 PM
Noticed a few people having issues with this and ran into it myself. Did a little bit of looking into it and tested what i found.

Now the problem people are having is they are placing the end portal frame in the correct shape, but misplacing the blocks.

Unfortunately, the issue here is that this is not a mistake that can be noticed simply by looking at the frame. In order to successfully create your own end portal you need to place the blocks in the correct shape (3 blocks on each side in a square, corners being there makes no difference.). This is the part people get right.

The part people get wrong is they set the blocks down in the shape and just assume it will work. Unfortunately, this assumption is wrong. The direction you are facing when setting the block is critical in making your own portal in creative, as is the order that you place the eyes of ender.

To start with, for simplicities sake, create a frame on which you will have your portal sitting, 5 blocks by 5 blocks. Now, place all of the portal blocks except for one of them in their position, while facing in, towards where the portal will be. Next, place the eyes of ender inside these 8 portal frames. Next, take the last portal block and stand inside, where the portal will be and while facing out, place the final block in place.

Make sure to step out of the portal before putting the eye of ender in place as the portal will immediately pull you in if you are still inside it.

It doesnt matter if you place all the frame blocks before inserting the eyes, but just make sure the frame block facing out is the last one to receive its eye of ender.
---
I whole heartedly despise IGN. Bad reviews and incorrect information.
#2BoxTheMuppetPosted 4/4/2013 2:59:01 PM
Going to have to do this. I reset my nether because I have an original world.
The stronghold was right I front of one of my old portals. Sweet!
Searched high and low blocking off every dead end.
No portal.
:(

What I'm saying is, thanks for the info my dude.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#3imthestuntman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 3:03:32 PM
BoxTheMuppet posted...
No portal.

Were you looking in a nether fortress or an overworld stronghold? They spawn in over world strongholds and will only be in them as of title update 8. Only reason i ask is because you said you tried resetting your nether, which would not affect this.

And to be clear, the end portals only work in the overworld. Creating it in the nether will not activate.
---
I whole heartedly despise IGN. Bad reviews and incorrect information.
#4BoxTheMuppetPosted 4/4/2013 3:06:34 PM
imthestuntman posted...
BoxTheMuppet posted...
No portal.

Were you looking in a nether fortress or an overworld stronghold? They spawn in over world strongholds and will only be in them as of title update 8. Only reason i ask is because you said you tried resetting your nether, which would not affect this.

And to be clear, the end portals only work in the overworld. Creating it in the nether will not activate.

I should really pay attention more.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!