How to get to ender dragon?

#1LiqiudusSnakePosted 6/25/2013 3:24:49 PM(edited)
kids are playing in creative mode and were wondering how to get to the Dragon. Thanks

edit, searches didn't work btw, too any topics about everything about the dragon and not how to get to it.
---
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
#2BoxTheMuppetPosted 6/25/2013 3:35:25 PM
If you don't already have a portal in your world build one in creative.

http://youtu.be/EFbxplmhJrM
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#3archangel242Posted 6/25/2013 3:36:00 PM
survival: find the end portal in your world and fill in the ender eyes

creative: find end portal frame in the block menu stand on the ground and place it all around you

APPPA
PAAAP
PAYAP
PAAAP
APPPA

P= portal
Y= you
A= air
---
GT: Tyrael242
#4bobbychezPosted 6/25/2013 3:36:42 PM
There is a Minecraft wiki you can get to online. Search for "The End" on it and it will provide you with direction on how to get to the end.
#5Arcturus1121Posted 6/25/2013 3:40:51 PM(edited)
Two ways to do it.

1. You need to locate the end portal in a strong hold first. this can be done by throwing eyes of ender which will eventually get you to the general location of a stronghold, then dig straight down to find the stronghold, you may have to run around it a bit to find the end portal. Then stick eyes of ender in the missing parts of the portal.

2. You can also build an end portal by making a 3x3 area of lava then surround that with the ender pedestal things and stick eyes of ender in there. I think this wiki page discusses how you can build your own. Hope this helps. When building the portal if you look at it from the ground horizontally I believe there is a space between the portal and lava so horizontal it looks like this:

P
S
G

Portal, Space, Ground

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/End_Portal
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#6archangel242Posted 6/25/2013 3:59:12 PM
Echeclus11 posted...
Two ways to do it.

1. You need to locate the end portal in a strong hold first. this can be done by throwing eyes of ender which will eventually get you to the general location of a stronghold, then dig straight down to find the stronghold, you may have to run around it a bit to find the end portal. Then stick eyes of ender in the missing parts of the portal.

2. You can also build an end portal by making a 3x3 area of lava then surround that with the ender pedestal things and stick eyes of ender in there. I think this wiki page discusses how you can build your own. Hope this helps. When building the portal if you look at it from the ground horizontally I believe there is a space between the portal and lava so horizontal it looks like this:

P
S
G

Portal, Space, Ground

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/End_Portal

you dont need lava, you just need to be standing in the middle when you make it. then it will work every time
---
GT: Tyrael242
#7LiqiudusSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 4:21:17 PM
Worked great guys thank you for all of your help! My kids were thrilled as this was one of their birthday presents and they saw the dragon on youtube and were pretty hyped. Thanks again!
---
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
#8Arcturus1121Posted 6/25/2013 5:19:35 PM
archangel242 posted...

you dont need lava, you just need to be standing in the middle when you make it. then it will work every time

Huh didn't know this! Thanks for the tip! I suppose it wasn't working for me because I wasn't in the middle. Learn something about this game everyday...haha
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#9Edgemaster70000Posted 6/26/2013 9:06:42 PM
Echeclus11 posted...
archangel242 posted...

Huh didn't know this! Thanks for the tip! I suppose it wasn't working for me because I wasn't in the middle. Learn something about this game everyday...haha

The reason it works when you build it around you is because the portal blocks actually have a front side, despite having no visual markers. The portal will only open when you place the last Eye of Ender into a portal block with the front side facing the inside of the portal, which is the direction every block will face if you build it from the inside like that.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
There's a point when trolling stops being funny.....When it starts.