I need some ideas from you guys!

#1jaabiggsPosted 8/12/2013 3:09:11 AM
Howdy fellow minecrafters.

As some of the vets on this board may know I have a rather enjoyable yet fiendishly difficult adventure map where you need to complete 4 zones, collect one piece of obsidian from each zone, use this to form a secret nether portal and then blow up a homicidal giant pumpkin -rather creatively- called Jack. Credit to Vivid Axis (whos' MC world is immense btw) it was his idea to blow up Jack after swimming in pumpkin stew a good few times.

Well I was running through a few slight, ahem, upgrades, and I forgot how much fun the old sneaky death trap game was. I've been out it for a while you see. Bear in mind this is before spawn eggs were introduced and is generally played on peaceful. Which brings me onto my next project...

Zombie-horror-survival-pumpkin-city. Yes I know it's not a real genre. And no there wont be any cake. Jack has infested a skyscraper with his evil minions, and it's your job as the A.P.O.O (Anti Pumpkin Organization Officer) to get in there, save or kill as many survivors as you can, and blow the place sky high (building will be rigged with TNT). You will spawn on the roof helipad where full debrief will be available in true minecraft style by crude wooden signage. Did I mention there would be zombies?

This will be a long term project and those who know my work will appreciate where I'm coming from. I'm open to suggestions however, as with my last world, all the secrets/traps/wiring will be carried out myself exclusively, however I'm not averse to sub-contracting out some of the basic labour once the foundations are in place because this is gonna be bigger and more intense than my last.

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestion are welcome as this project is still in the infancy blueprint stage. Cheers.
---
See you at the party Richter!
#2z_UndisplayedPosted 8/12/2013 4:05:01 AM
And then a creeper spawns...
---
Eternal Darkness
#3M_dragon159Posted 8/12/2013 6:01:46 AM
Before you start building the tower, wait for the new update which includes double height limit
---
GT: RichTuba955363 | PSN: MDragon000
3DS: 1891 - 1378 - 1379 [for any tell me if you add]
#4HoldemtimePosted 8/12/2013 6:30:42 AM
Seems like you have things pretty well figured out. What kind of ideas are you looking for?
---
XBOX GT: Beancrew49
#5jaabiggs(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 9:38:46 AM
z_Undisplayed posted...
And then a creeper spawns...

No creepers just zombies sillys, all the spawning will be controlled by eggs and dispensers.

M_dragon159 posted...
Before you start building the tower, wait for the new update which includes double height limit

Are you pulling my leg I thought the new height was doubled (256 high?)

Holdemtime posted...
Seems like you have things pretty well figured out. What kind of ideas are you looking for?

Anything from open minded crafters really. I do have a good plan for this map, certainly more so that my last venture, my last map was mostly being creative around the framework while I built. I had a rough idea of what I wanted however a lot of it wasn't planned; I want to have a clearer objective this time. Sky scrapers and large buildings are not something I've a great deal of experience with, and incorporating traps and mobs adds a new dimension therefore I'll need better planning. I'll probably draw up them up after hours at work though on AutoCAD before I start.

All suggestions, however trivial or silly, are always welcome. The idea to blow Jack up on my last map hadn't even crossed my mind until Vivid played, and then I had to re-do the full end of it.

My GT is my GFAQ tag...

Add me and I can show you the kind of adventure map I want to better ;-D
---
#6M_dragon159Posted 8/12/2013 11:33:11 AM
Na, the doubled height limit is coming in the next TU, which is already in cert testing.

And sorry that I suck at giving ideas xD I don't think we can give you a clear objective though, but we CAN give you ideas if you give us even MORE details of your plans =3
---
GT: RichTuba955363 | PSN: MDragon000
3DS: 1891 - 1378 - 1379 [for any tell me if you add]
#7HER0BRINEPosted 8/12/2013 8:04:33 PM
M_dragon159 posted...
Na, the doubled height limit is coming in the next TU, which is already in cert testing.

And sorry that I suck at giving ideas xD I don't think we can give you a clear objective though, but we CAN give you ideas if you give us even MORE details of your plans =3

yea what she said!
---
I don't always post on Gamefaqs. But when I do I post very few words and still make the biggest impact! (Unless Mander shows up that damn 1 upper)
#8Edgemaster70000Posted 8/12/2013 8:18:07 PM
A room or more covered completely with pressure plates, and while most of them are duds, some of them lead to very dangerous circumstances.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
There's a point when trolling stops being funny.....When it starts.
#9CaIiber345Posted 8/12/2013 10:40:05 PM
I am nowhere near qualified to offers any input as to ideas for building your world. However, I'd be very interested in being a tester/crash test dummy. :D
---
Minecraft is a game that you can really dig into.
GTA IV: Sidewalk Driving | RDR: Cougars & Dynamite | GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#10jaabiggs(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 3:29:37 AM
M_dragon159 posted...

More details you say? Well I was thinking with the way spawn mechanics work to have a large rooftop with a helicopter + helipad as the spawn area, some signs to give the brief and a chest or two with basic provisions and gear. After initially tooling up agents will then head down the service stairs to the top floor, there will be 10-15 floors depending on redstone requirements etc with a 4-6 block void between floors.

There will be more than one route out/down, which will hopefully mean increased replayability. It would be a bit lame just to take the stairs or elevator all the way down now, wouldn't it? The floors will be residential/office/retail, or a mix, with traps integrated. Most of the traps will be mob based as that fits better in the theme of this map; having pistons make the floor disappear works better in an environment where lava is believable. Dont get me wrong, there will be lava, just more discrete compared to my last map.

Once you/agent smith or whatever gets to the bottom of the building then that will be a whole new phase which I can't even start thinking about yet because my head might explode.

Edgemaster70000 posted...
A room or more covered completely with pressure plates, and while most of them are duds, some of them lead to very dangerous circumstances.

Yep, if the pressure pads are part of the decoration this can be quite effective. With my last map pathways were indicated by pressure pads and 99% were duds; the 1% activated a wall crushing trap... that's one of my favourites :D

CaIiber345 posted...
I am nowhere near qualified to offers any input as to ideas for building your world. However, I'd be very interested in being a tester/crash test dummy. :D

That's fine bud I need test dummies just as much as inspirational thinkers! Add me and send a quick message with MINECRAFT in it or something similar.
---