I need some ideas from you guys!

#31andr00skiPosted 8/17/2013 5:32:48 PM
My point was to have the player lured into a false sense of security. They see the paintings and figure somethings there. And that's why the lever in the hollow opens the floor unless they fully search the room for the fail-safe switch.

Its kind of a little painting puzzle how i have it set up. There's a hidden area to place a lever for the fail-safe behind a 1x1 painting that has no double on the wall but there's other paintings that are doubled. Now there's another different lonely painting mixed in, with the item frame/lever to be placed.

I used to only lurk this board for ideas but recently made an account to start posting my own.
---
GT: Androoski69 3DS FC: 4312-9895-5096 [currently playing: Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition and Pokemon White 2]
#32TBD2009Posted 8/17/2013 6:25:20 PM
Oh, I understood your original idea, don't get me wrong. I just felt like expanding upon it, to give Biggs even more options for that tower of death.

And I used to lurk a lot, too... and I think I finally settled on an account (in 2009, obviously), because I wanted to make trades on the 360 boards for PSU. I'm glad I did, though... because now I can infect people's minds with some of my more insane Redstone ideas.

...I should make a "demo" video, showing how the "two-man trigger trap" works, with Villagers/other players. I might do that over the next day or two. It's not that it'll take long to record it... it's the editing, picking the right music to set the tone, and then uploading it to YouTube, that's making me go: "Meh.".
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra
#33andr00skiPosted 8/17/2013 8:17:25 PM
Idea for tower objective:

If theres a team. Only one can live. On your roof you could build a short rail that inclines down off the edge and the player falls a few floors in the minecart (far enough down to kill any player who attempts to get down without a cart) to another short inclined rail that ends up wrapping around the rest of tower down to the ground and far enough to watch the ensuing explosion if its rigged to blow after the time limit or if you keep a stopwatch track it yourself and be ready to set it off for the players. Or have the floors blowing as the player is riding down the escape rail. The point would be to have a minecart in an item frame placed at the end of your last puzzle and the first player who gets to it would escape. Would even work as a single player objective. Get through the puzzles as quick as possible (leaving a way to return or just make a quick way up from the bottom/final room.) Also you could make doorways on the bottom floor with iron doors/pressure plates that lead into another entrance area with iron doors that wont open but as soon as the player attemps to leave locks the first iron doors behind them. Make it so the pressure plate that opens the door from inside also runs to dispensers in the false exit that spawn creepers. Just make the false exitroom out of bedrock. Sorry its so jumbled. Im on mobile.
---
GT: Androoski69 3DS FC: 4312-9895-5096 [currently playing: Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition and Pokemon White 2]
#34elconoMPosted 8/18/2013 12:58:06 AM
Go retro Pokemon on us by doing that Pokemon Mansion thing where a switch can have its point B on a different floor.
---
3DS FC 5171.9701.9373 XBL- SulfurousGalaxy
My ACNL needs pear-orange. Unova FC-1808-0126-2402 - GTA.Pkmn.Pandora.Albion.HALO3
#35TDP_EquinoxPosted 8/18/2013 1:47:08 AM
oh god i had so many ideas while reading this, and i forgot most of them by the time i finished lol. i would love to be a part of this, redstone, puzzles, testing, just overall buiulding and decorating.
one idea i did remember was someone mentioned a chair with stairs and signs. well i give you this
:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=410878092351606&l=4612f31e8c
and this:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=410878189018263&l=1ab6af2bfe
mwuahahahaha.
its a minecart sitting on an unpowered rail encased in slabs.
---
#1 Member of the Church of Morgan Freeman. Hail Morgan Freeman!
GT : TDP Equinox
#36andr00skiPosted 8/18/2013 4:29:56 PM
I think it would work without the rail. Just break it out from under the cart then push with piston. Not sure if that's how you mean.

Would check out the image but copy/pasting is a pain on my phone.
---
#37TDP_EquinoxPosted 8/18/2013 4:58:51 PM
andr00ski posted...
I think it would work without the rail. Just break it out from under the cart then push with piston. Not sure if that's how you mean.

Would check out the image but copy/pasting is a pain on my phone.

go to the gfaqs settings and make links clickable.
and if you break the rail the cart moves a bit.
---
#38jaabiggs(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 5:27:57 AM
Sadly, I've been working all weekend. Actual work and not "checking gamefaqs while I pretend to work work". Anyhoo, some good new ideas, I'm quietly impressed.

Let's take it from the top.

andr00ski posted...
Have some images if they help

Now I see what you mean ;-) This map's gonna be choc full of paintings and item frames (200 items still the max?) so where possible sneaky stuff like this will be getting used. The best secrets will go to those who explore the most.

TBD2009 posted...

OH! Speaking of "Item Frames"... heh... you do know that you can place an item in an "Item Frame", and then a player in "Survival Mode", can break that Item Frame off the wall, and collect the item, right? (Yes, I'm giving you a subtle clue that maybe one of the first Cranks should be a "portrait", to get players used to the duplicitous nature of your tower)....

...And I used to lurk a lot, too... and I think I finally settled on an account (in 2009, obviously), because I wanted to make trades on the 360 boards for PSU. I'm glad I did, though... because now I can infect people's minds with some of my more insane Redstone ideas.

Great idea I clean forgot about this, item frames + cranks = double the puzzle fun
Good job son, Sir Cranksalot would be proud :-)

You know, I like to think I know most things about this game (with regards to shneaky shenanigans anyway), all I'm going to say is I used doors for my paintings too! Gawd dammit!

Lurking is one of my favourite past times but to get the most out of a game like this requires a bit of 2 way interaction, which is a shame because I rather enjoy being a social recluse. To be fair though, I've had more eurika moments on this thread recently than I could have hoped for, I'm glad I posted.

andr00ski posted...
Idea for tower objective:

If theres a team. Only one can live. On your roof you could build a short rail that inclines down off the edge and the player falls a few floors in the minecart (far enough down to kill any player who attempts to get down without a cart)... Make it so the pressure plate that opens the door from inside also runs to dispensers in the false exit that spawn creepers. Just make the false exitroom out of bedrock.

I like the idea of minecarting away while the building behind you explodes. I like the idea of a creeper death room. I like the idea of teams ~however~ I'm unsure of the, how do I put it, feasibility, of the team setup thing. I'll have a think though, could be fun if do-able. And the false exitroom would just be ~lined~ with bedrock, so for all intents and purposes it just looks like any other room, and it would still be blastproof.

elconoM posted...
Go retro Pokemon on us by doing that Pokemon Mansion thing where a switch can have its point B on a different floor.

Man I aint played Pokemon since I had a gameboy colour so this is lost on me I'm afraid. What can I say I'm old.

TDP_Equinox posted...
oh god i had so many ideas while reading this, and i forgot most of them by the time i finished lol.

I hear ya, that's the joy of Mine Crack!

By all means add me on XBL (GT is JaaBiggs) if you want to help out, same goes for any of you other guys on this thread, just mind that except for holidays I'm on weekends only GMT. Just laid the foundations last Sunday, 100x100x 220 ish (not 100% on height yet need to wait for TU12 to see what I have to work with space wise), and oh my god it's gonna be big. 2.2 million blocks big to be exact!
---
See you at the party Richter!
#39TDP_EquinoxPosted 8/20/2013 6:26:52 AM
I use doors for painting doors just for the fact that you can use the door with redstone.
Use that crank idea with that an bam! First you need to find a crank, the. Find the spot to put it, then find the door it opens that is hidden behind paintings
Mwuahahaha.
And I will add you in the morning ( I guess later today, it is 7:25am sooooo) my gt is my name here without the underscore just so you know.
Now I'm going to try and sleep
---
#40andr00skiPosted 8/20/2013 9:29:07 AM
Since your tower is hugenormous, why not quadrant it off maybe for the team aspect and make 2 of those playable in single player. Lets say there's 4 players. 2 can get down to the cart on their own through puzzles and the other 2 will work through a series of co op puzzles separated with glass wall for players to watch/help each other with puzzles. All the quadrants would lead to the bottom and would need a way back up but it seems possible in my head. Everyone could escape and watch the explosion instead of just one.
---