Read this 4J

#101TDP_EquinoxPosted 8/16/2013 4:34:15 PM
Holdemtime posted...
Good God. You kids need to take your middle school yard b******* back to the swing sets. Aren't you supposed to be in high school? You need to start acting like it. When did this become a war between prepubescent factions? You don't like the way I type so anyone who associates with me is your enemy? Listen to yourself. If you hadn't proven your delusional psychosis before it's screaming out now. Crimson or anyone else can play video games with whomever they want. You can accept that fact or you can take your ball and go home. Maybe your mommy will let you cry on her shoulder. You're old enough to start acting like a man, TDP. Accept the fact that you're not always right, the world doesn't revolve around you, and you're not always going to get your way. If that doesn't interest you, the word around
the jungle gym is that Tennesse Tux likes SolidStryder. Oooooooh. Maybe you can ask him out to the formal for him during lunch. That's what a real friend would do. SMH.

You dont get it do you?
It's not who he is friends with, it's why and when.
If he was all buddy buddy with you before he knew I didn't like you then it would have been fine. That's why my other friend (who shall remain nameless) that is now friends with you is still a good friend. But if one of your friends were in the party with you while you were trash talking me by name or saying that you dislike me while said friend is inthe party with you, and that friend hears this and instantly goes to GFaqs, searches for me, and then makes friends with me, how are you going o feel? Betrayed. As if all that was done deliberately. And it was! Because before, your friend didn't know I existed before you told him I was an enemy of yours. And then he goes and "tests" me as if your judgement of me wasn't good enough for him, he had to see for himself. And then, makes friends with me. That's going to make you angry. That's going to make him lose your trust. That's going to make you not want to be friends with him. Isn't it? Now, that's EXACTLY what crimson did, times two on the trusting of judgement part. So, who the heck are you to tell me that I am wrong in being angry with him? Huh? Huh?!
---
#1 Member of the Church of Morgan Freeman. Hail Morgan Freeman!
GT : TDP Equinox
#102DarkSamurai2004Posted 8/16/2013 4:39:27 PM
Holdemtime posted...
DarkSamurai2004 posted...
Too long to quote, blah blah, non-related technical jargon.

You're acting like I'm talking about one obscure bug that only I experience. Have you even played this game online? This is a major problem that EVERYONE experiences at some point because the hardware can't handle what 4J's throwing at it. I don't need to see a detailed list of optimizations to know that the issue gets worse and worse with each free update. I didn't respond to you before because you weren't seeing the point then, and you're still not seeing it. I appreciate all these free updates, but not one of them has given us the option to turn off particles, or affect the weather, or offered dedicated servers, or given the ability to see the ping of players and know for certain who is contributing to the lag, and that's what I've taken issue with the most. Clearly, these unspoken changes that you assume are there (as I assumed weren't) are not working because the problem is worse than ever.

I'm going to assume the answer to all of these questions that follow are no, because you don't want to believe your picture-perfect server, always functional connection, or gold plated Xbox can be at fault.
--------------------------------
Have you collaborated with other players on a large scale (minecraftforum.net as well as this board) that the problem is persistent and effects a majority of online players? Note I did not say a majority of the people on your friend list, or a majority of people who visit your server.
Have you filed a bug report of any kind?
Have you levied your concerns in a direct communication with either 4J, or their parent company in this regard, Mojang? (Forum posts do not count, however Twitter does)
Have you determined, with utmost certainty, that the problems are purely game-related and not to do with external factors?
Have you determined that your server's redstone, entities (such as paintings and item frames), and animals are within acceptable levels?
Have you determined that players have not griefed you by creating hidden caches of the above?
------------------------------
My technical jargon is very much so related, because as I said I have only recently heard this concern and only from you (replies of agreement notwithstanding). It was related because it was a list of everything a good bug report includes so that real problems can be fixed. You can't just wave the game in the air yelling "it's broken" without explaining clearly and concisely why, which you didn't do in the OP.
Not to mention that 4J has gone on record that they are optimizing the game as much as humanly possible to run on the Xbox, and that they would continue to do so as long as they provided updates which stressed the system. I can take them on faith that they are working hard to optimize the game without being reminded every time it lags that they are, in fact, doing that.

Until you block me or affirm that you've gone through official channels instead of arguing on a forum, I will continue to push you to actually do that. 4JSteve is one voice, and while he may be our forum representative at the office, it is always better to formally create a complaint in polite, clear, detailed, and concise wording through a company's official error reporting or communication channel. Especially when that complaint is in a high-traffic area like the game's official forums, the game's bug-reporting website, or a link to a text document through the company's Twitter. This is not a high traffic area by any definition of the term, despite it being so high on the forums list on GameFAQs, because we do not see much involvement from 4J or Mojang.
---
Nintendo made the greatest console ever. It was 64-bit, had upgradeable RAM, and an amazing lineup of games. N64, you were before your time.
RIP: 1996-2002
#103realaddmantisPosted 8/16/2013 6:18:48 PM
Holdemtime posted...
Good God. You kids need to take your middle school yard b******* back to the swing sets. Aren't you supposed to be in high school? You need to start acting like it. When did this become a war between prepubescent factions? You don't like the way I type so anyone who associates with me is your enemy? Listen to yourself. If you hadn't proven your delusional psychosis before it's screaming out now. Crimson or anyone else can play video games with whomever they want. You can accept that fact or you can take your ball and go home. Maybe your mommy will let you cry on her shoulder. You're old enough to start acting like a man, TDP. Accept the fact that you're not always right, the world doesn't revolve around you, and you're not always going to get your way. If that doesn't interest you, the word around the jungle gym is that Tennesse Tux likes SolidStryder. Oooooooh. Maybe you can ask him out to the formal for him during lunch. That's what a real friend would do. SMH.

That actually made me lol. Who is solidstryder anyway? And my man crush is on Jeremy wade from river monsters on animal planet. Awesome show!!
And I'm not actually a kid. I'm 24, have my own apartment and a 30 year old hot cougar gf that has lived with me for 2 years now.
Also, crimson I don't understand how you
Don't get why we are mad. I thought I explained it pretty clear on the mic. You just don't care is what I think, but if u think bean is gonna be a better friend then whatever. Battlefield 3 is gonna be lonely without ya, but ill get by. You weren't that good anyway
---
GT: Tennessee Tux
I am the angel slayer, here comes the final battle, Hell is on my side.
#104TDP_EquinoxPosted 8/16/2013 9:23:05 PM
realaddmantis posted...
Holdemtime posted...
Good God. You kids need to take your middle school yard b******* back to the swing sets. Aren't you supposed to be in high school? You need to start acting like it. When did this become a war between prepubescent factions? You don't like the way I type so anyone who associates with me is your enemy? Listen to yourself. If you hadn't proven your delusional psychosis before it's screaming out now. Crimson or anyone else can play video games with whomever they want. You can accept that fact or you can take your ball and go home. Maybe your mommy will let you cry on her shoulder. You're old enough to start acting like a man, TDP. Accept the fact that you're not always right, the world doesn't revolve around you, and you're not always going to get your way. If that doesn't interest you, the word around the jungle gym is that Tennesse Tux likes SolidStryder. Oooooooh. Maybe you can ask him out to the formal for him during lunch. That's what a real friend would do. SMH.

That actually made me lol. Who is solidstryder anyway? And my man crush is on Jeremy wade from river monsters on animal planet. Awesome show!!
And I'm not actually a kid. I'm 24, have my own apartment and a 30 year old hot cougar gf that has lived with me for 2 years now.
Also, crimson I don't understand how you
Don't get why we are mad. I thought I explained it pretty clear on the mic. You just don't care is what I think, but if u think bean is gonna be a better friend then whatever. Battlefield 3 is gonna be lonely without ya, but ill get by. You weren't that good anyway

hey i finished that huge wall. just took me ignoring everyone for 3 days lol. but now that that is done i can finish up with the skyblock and be ready for re opening when tu12 comes out. hey, do you think i should cover the snow biome with glass when tu12 comes with the new hight? that might be something to do
---
#105KsilvantePosted 8/16/2013 10:05:04 PM
It is truly amazing reading these threads. All the whining about how this person hurt my feelings or that person is not fair/nice reminds me why I got my GED and went to college. Way too much pissing and moaning about who is friends with who etc. In this place called the real world if you don't like someone, bloody well ignore the bugger! Cheese and rice people, like a poster before me stated (sorry, forgot the name) take a step back and see just how seriously ridiculous you seem. If nothing else, this is a constant reminder of why I don't game with children.
---
Creative Insanity Consultants. Keeping things surreal for over 30 yrs!
#106realaddmantisPosted 8/17/2013 5:00:31 AM
Ksilvante posted...
It is truly amazing reading these threads. All the whining about how this person hurt my feelings or that person is not fair/nice reminds me why I got my GED and went to college. Way too much pissing and moaning about who is friends with who etc. In this place called the real world if you don't like someone, bloody well ignore the bugger! Cheese and rice people, like a poster before me stated (sorry, forgot the name) take a step back and see just how seriously ridiculous you seem. If nothing else, this is a constant reminder of why I don't game with children.

I like cheesey rice. It goes well together. Especially the Rice-a-roni that u buy at the store. Is that some kinda English/Aussie saying cause I don't get it but I sure am hungry now.

And equinox ill check out your world later today
---
GT: Tennessee Tux
I am the angel slayer, here comes the final battle, Hell is on my side.
#107WakeUpMrBubblesPosted 8/17/2013 1:59:33 PM
I hesitate to comment because unfortunately Bean's topic has been heinously derailed but I actually have heard one thing in the update that may improve performance.

Raising the height cap to 256 is done by converting the method the game manages chunks to the ANVIL model which apparently (admittedly taking their word for it, as I'm not a developer) is much more efficient for the task. So perhaps we're being too hasty and the update will allow for more features like boats because it will be better equipped to handle them.

We'll see of course but I may be guilty of wishful thinking.
---
GT: WakeUpMrBubbles
#1083CDEDPosted 8/17/2013 3:44:35 PM
Ksilvante posted...

oh im not the only one who sees this.

thank F*** for that i thought i was going mad.
---
Resident GFAQS Lancia Worshipper
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-oFv-_ypd0 www.youtube.com/watch?v=88SMR1UcacA www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbfZayu6SQ8
#109TDP_EquinoxPosted 8/17/2013 4:23:36 PM
realaddmantis posted...
Ksilvante posted...

I like cheesey rice. It goes well together. Especially the Rice-a-roni that u buy at the store. Is that some kinda English/Aussie saying cause I don't get it but I sure am hungry now.

And equinox ill check out your world later today

also i gave your friend that joined the other day the town in the bottom left.
or right i cant remember which side it was on. its where the old capital city was. but he seems like a nice guy so i figured why not give him a shot. now we just need someone to manage the underwater city and the skyblock.

oh and as long as the rice-a-roni isnt from betty crocker.
---
#110TBD2009Posted 8/17/2013 6:05:40 PM
TDP_Equinox posted...
oh and as long as the rice-a-roni isnt from betty crocker.

...is that a Homestuck reference, perhaps?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra