Read this 4J

#111TDP_EquinoxPosted 8/17/2013 7:48:49 PM
TBD2009 posted...
TDP_Equinox posted...
oh and as long as the rice-a-roni isnt from betty crocker.

...is that a Homestuck reference, perhaps?

more of an inside joke.
---
#1 Member of the Church of Morgan Freeman. Hail Morgan Freeman!
GT : TDP Equinox
#112realaddmantisPosted 8/17/2013 11:50:53 PM
TDP_Equinox posted...
TBD2009 posted...
TDP_Equinox posted...
oh and as long as the rice-a-roni isnt from betty crocker.

...is that a Homestuck reference, perhaps?

more of an inside joke.

Lol yeah. If you've seen Betty Crocker mac and cheese at the store, dont buy it, it SUCKS.
---
GT: Tennessee Tux
I am the angel slayer, here comes the final battle, Hell is on my side.
#113TBD2009Posted 8/17/2013 11:51:28 PM
TDP_Equinox posted...
more of an inside joke.

...now I'm sad. First I thought there was room for a Family Guy reference (which got deleted)... then mistook "Meatballs" for "Spaceballs"... and now, here I thought I found someone who enjoys Homestuck.

Oh well... eventually I'll find someone cool enough to get my jokes. *Wanders off into the sunrise...*
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra
#114nickizgr8Posted 8/18/2013 5:28:49 PM
You people are aware you have been playing the beta version of the game. I'm not sure if you still are or it got updated to the 1.0 release equivalent.

It's a wonder why game developers don't like putting out actual beta's rather than demo's disguised as beta's for consoles. You expect the beta to be bug free then moan and criticize when there are bugs and give no clear indication on what caused the bug.

When you had the bug such as the invisible sign did you:

A) Moan about it to random people and demand your money back saying that the beta should not have bugs in it.

or

B) Test out the bug does it work with all blocks or only some blocks. Does placing it at different angles cause it too appear. Does attacking the sign cause the pixel breaking effect to appear. Does the bug also translate into multiplier. If you put a sign down can another person read it. Does re-logging/ re-entering the world solve the problem. After you got all this info did you go to the official message boards or somewhere, where a person from 4J studies could see it?

Now let's see you obviously have no idea how beta's work so I think you went with option A.

DING DING DING we have a winner!
#115Holdemtime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 7:59:45 PM
nickizgr8 posted...
You people are aware you have been playing the beta version of the game. I'm not sure if you still are or it got updated to the 1.0 release equivalent.

It's a wonder why game developers don't like putting out actual beta's rather than demo's disguised as beta's for consoles. You expect the beta to be bug free then moan and criticize when there are bugs and give no clear indication on what caused the bug.

A) Moan about it to random people and demand your money back saying that the beta should not have bugs in it.

or

B) Test out the bug does it work with all blocks or only some blocks. Does placing it at different angles cause it too appear. Does attacking the sign cause the pixel breaking effect to appear. Does the bug also translate into multiplier. If you put a sign down can another person read it. Does re-logging/ re-entering the world solve the problem. After you got all this info did you go to the official message boards or somewhere, where a person from 4J studies could see it?

Now let's see you obviously have no idea how beta's work so I think you went with option A.

Next time read the 400+ post sticky at the top of the page before you spew diarrhea from your mouth.
---
XBOX GT: Beancrew49
#116nickizgr8Posted 8/19/2013 6:13:53 AM
Holdemtime posted...
nickizgr8 posted...

or

Next time read the 400+ post sticky at the top of the page before you spew diarrhea from your mouth.

Your first post in that thread.

"How did this pass both 4J and Microsoft with this many bugs? I cant play an old save? Are you joking? Is there a bug patch in the works for this or do I just apply for my refund now?"

Your second post.

"Either this is a fixable bug or we were lied to. If its the latter I would never have spent so much time on my world. I feel robbed right now."

One of the posts by a 4J representative early on.

"Well this thread has been completely ruined -.-"

You only posted two posts both of which moaning and not offering anything constructive. Some people were there giving constructive info but you weren't so YOU don't have a leg to stand on. YOU chose option A.

About one quarter of the way through it turned into a rage fest with people raging at each other over random crap. It did get better after a few pages of it though.

Also amazingly you were playing the beta version of the game you knowingly bought the beta version of the game. You knowingly bought a game that will have bugs game breaking or not. I remember in early alpha it was a common occurrence that you lost your world or the world got corrupted. You know what people did. They didn't moan or ask for there money back because they knowingly bought a work in progress game. They went onto forums tried to find out what was causing the world to be deleted and amazingly it got fixed a lot faster than it would have done if people like you were moaning about refunds.

I'm still pretty amazed that I was able to get your exact response in that 400+post sticky in Option A.
#117DRGNLRD25Posted 8/19/2013 9:54:00 AM
I really enjoy these topics. I always read Holden's topics because they never fail to amuse. I'm sitting here at work eating my lunch and laughing. I think both "sides" of this little GameFaq's feud are idiots. Though TDP makes me laugh. I especially love the users that type stuff like. Get out of this thread, or stop posting now like they have some control or power. Those posts really make me laugh. That original beanburg topic was great. I knew where it was headed. I used to come to this board to see what other ideas users had, get links to new youtube videos, but now. I come here to see the monkey's throw the poop! Great stuff! Keep at it monkeys!
#118z_UndisplayedPosted 8/19/2013 10:11:43 AM
4JSteve
Last Visit Friday, August 16, 2013 8:39 AM
---
Eternal Darkness
I found out that my friend's friend's cousin is Deadlox.
#119Holdemtime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 11:14:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#120nickizgr8Posted 8/19/2013 12:52:19 PM
Holdemtime posted...
nickizgr8 posted...

Your first post in that thread.

"How did this pass both 4J and Microsoft with this many bugs? I cant play an old save? Are you joking? Is there a bug patch in the works for this or do I just apply for my refund now?"

Your second post.

"Either this is a fixable bug or we were lied to. If its the latter I would never have spent so much time on my world. I feel robbed right now."

One of the posts by a 4J representative early on.

"Well this thread has been completely ruined -.-"

You only posted two posts both of which moaning and not offering anything constructive. Some people were there giving constructive info but you weren't so YOU don't have a leg to stand on. YOU chose option A.

About one quarter of the way through it turned into a rage fest with people raging at each other over random crap. It did get better after a few pages of it though.

Also amazingly you were playing the beta version of the game you knowingly bought the beta version of the game. You knowingly bought a game that will have bugs game breaking or not. I remember in early alpha it was a common occurrence that you lost your world or the world got corrupted. You know what people did. They didn't moan or ask for there money back because they knowingly bought a work in progress game. They went onto forums tried to find out what was causing the world to be deleted and amazingly it got fixed a lot faster than it would have done if people like you were moaning about refunds.

I'm still pretty amazed that I was able to get your exact response in that 400+post sticky in Option A.

Wow. You have more mouth diarrhea to offer? Great. I didn't post anything "constructive" in that thread because there were already 50 people posting about the exact same thing, bugs that were brought up many months ago but were never addressed. How many posts in that thread told 4J about invisible signs and chests, things that are still in this game today?

Why do you keep calling this game a beta? This is an XBOX Live Arcade port of a PC game that's been out for 3+ years. This is and always was marketed as a finished product that would get free updates. The "beta" of this game occurred on the PC. Just because you faithfully reproduce the beta version of another game doesn't mean you're intending to work out the kinks in the port version. Most of 4J's problems have occurred because of the free updates they've introduced, not because they are developing a new game and want players to test it for them. We are not beta testers, we are consumers of an XBOX Live Arcade game.

Your first post was the 25th post in that topic. Before you posted a grand total of one person mentioned a glitch to do with a chest and it was not a invisible chest glitch. Not one person mentioned any glitch to do with signs.

So a port of a beta version of a game is no longer a beta version? This isn't your normal everyday stupidity this is... Advanced Stupidity.

Also Minecraft has not been out 3+ years. The PC version was released at Minecon 2011. So about 20 months ago.

How can something be marketed as a finished product that gets stuff added to it. You pretty much contradicted yourself in the same sentence.

You act as if games nowadays have zero bugs. You know games that have a multi million dollar budget. Games that don't have to be re coded from one format to another.

Obviously you now how to re code stuff better than everyone at 4J studies. I'm sure they will be more than happy to hire someone with your... Knowledge.