Read this 4J

#121Holdemtime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 1:22:07 PM(edited)
What is your point here? That 4J Studios or any other game developer should have no culpability for their products? My point in this thread is that 4J has spent far more time and energy adding new features to a game that has many problems instead of addressing and correcting those problems.

While I love to see new features added to the game, they don't do much good when I'm constantly fighting lag issues. I understand they are a small company, but it really seems they are just focused on adding more and more content, which brings more players, which brings more revenue. Fixing lag and bug issues doesn't make money because a person doesn't know about them until they've already purchased the game. It's still billed as, "Play Minecraft with all your friends on XBOX Live!" when the reality is more like, "Play Minecraft with a few friends, who all must have fast connections, for a few minutes before you lag out and have to rejoin only to find chunks don't generate and that the speed potion you drank is useless because it takes a few minutes for each chunk to load up, if they do at all!"

If they're gearing up for dedicated servers for Xbox One then how hard could it be to offer them for Xbox as well? If they're implementing drastic changes to the world generation format why can't they offer a box to check on/off particle effects or a way to customize our controls? It makes me wonder who's in charge here?

And by the way, the alpha version came out in 2009.
---
XBOX GT: Beancrew49
#122nickizgr8Posted 8/19/2013 1:44:31 PM
Holdemtime posted...
What is your point here? That 4J Studios or any other game developer should have no culpability for their products? My point in this thread is that 4J has spent far more time and energy adding new features to a game that has many problems instead of addressing and correcting those problems.

While I love to see new features added to the game, they don't do much good when I'm constantly fighting lag issues. I understand they are a small company, but it really seems they are just focused on adding more and more content, which brings more players, which brings more revenue. Fixing lag and bug issues doesn't make money because a person doesn't know about them until they've already purchased the game. It's still billed as, "Play Minecraft with all your friends on XBOX Live!" when the reality is more like, "Play Minecraft with a few friends, who all must have fast connections, for a few minutes before you lag out and have to rejoin only to find chunks don't generate and that the speed potion you drank is useless because it takes a few minutes for each chunk to load up, if they do at all!"

If they're gearing up for dedicated servers for Xbox One then how hard could it be to offer them for Xbox as well? If they're implementing drastic changes to the world generation format why can't they offer a box to check on/off particle effects or a way to customize our controls? It makes me wonder who's in charge here?

Because the alpha version is the actual release version *Facepalm*
Most games on console don't allow you to change the controls. Why did you think minecraft would be different.

Having dedicated servers would not "fix" the lag. The problem is the crappy hardware your playing on.

"Play alone or play with your friends" Taken from the XBLA description for minecraft. It only mentions playing with friends not all your friends.

You really get to pick between 2 things.

Either Good FPS and you can play with friends. But nothing more will be added to the game. No texture packs, no more skin packs and the world size will be lowered by a max of 50%.

or

FPS as it is now, you can still play with friend just not a max lobby. You get stuff added such as new items and blocks, texture packs and skin packs and the world size stays the same.

Most people will choose the second option and 4J are going to cater to the majority of the playerbase.
#123Holdemtime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 2:09:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#124nickizgr8Posted 8/19/2013 2:44:44 PM
Holdemtime posted...
nickizgr8 posted...
Holdemtime posted...

Because the alpha version is the actual release version *Facepalm*
Most games on console don't allow you to change the controls. Why did you think minecraft would be different.

Having dedicated servers would not "fix" the lag. The problem is the crappy hardware your playing on.

"Play alone or play with your friends" Taken from the XBLA description for minecraft. It only mentions playing with friends not all your friends.

You really get to pick between 2 things.

Either Good FPS and you can play with friends. But nothing more will be added to the game. No texture packs, no more skin packs and the world size will be lowered by a max of 50%.

or

FPS as it is now, you can still play with friend just not a max lobby. You get stuff added such as new items and blocks, texture packs and skin packs and the world size stays the same.

Most people will choose the second option and 4J are going to cater to the majority of the playerbase.

Ok, now I know you're just a PC elitist idiot. Most games don't allow you to change controls? Have you ever played a console game in your life? 95% of games do. Dedicated servers wouldn't fix the lag? THAT"S a facepalm. The reason this game has lag issues is because of peer to peer networking. The hardware limitations are the reason for limitations in the game such as limited item frames, minecarts, and boats, not the primary reason for lag issues. I'm done arguing with you. You're stupid and I don't care if I get moderated.

Most games on console let you switch between a few pre set configurations. Not the entire customization layout the PC has which I thought you were talking about.

If dedicated servers were a lag issue. Why am I able to host and play a server on my computer all the while having 14 friends playing at once with zero server lag.

The hardware limitations do cause the lag. Limiting the things they have done has no completely removed the Lag. They probably came up with a good number of items such as minecart that could be used without lagging the game too much. Lag is still caused by them though.

I see servers hosted by people on gamefaqs that host lobbies with 8 people no problem. You have poor mans internet sir.
#125SolidStryderPosted 8/24/2013 2:44:58 PM
realaddmantis posted...
Holdemtime posted...
Good God. You kids need to take your middle school yard b******* back to the swing sets. Aren't you supposed to be in high school? You need to start acting like it. When did this become a war between prepubescent factions? You don't like the way I type so anyone who associates with me is your enemy? Listen to yourself. If you hadn't proven your delusional psychosis before it's screaming out now. Crimson or anyone else can play video games with whomever they want. You can accept that fact or you can take your ball and go home. Maybe your mommy will let you cry on her shoulder. You're old enough to start acting like a man, TDP. Accept the fact that you're not always right, the world doesn't revolve around you, and you're not always going to get your way. If that doesn't interest you, the word around the jungle gym is that Tennesse Tux likes SolidStryder. Oooooooh. Maybe you can ask him out to the formal for him during lunch. That's what a real friend would do. SMH.

That actually made me lol. Who is solidstryder anyway? And my man crush is on Jeremy wade from river monsters on animal planet. Awesome show!!
And I'm not actually a kid. I'm 24, have my own apartment and a 30 year old hot cougar gf that has lived with me for 2 years now.
Also, crimson I don't understand how you
Don't get why we are mad. I thought I explained it pretty clear on the mic. You just don't care is what I think, but if u think bean is gonna be a better friend then whatever. Battlefield 3 is gonna be lonely without ya, but ill get by. You weren't that good anyway

LOL
#126DarkSamurai2004Posted 8/24/2013 3:10:00 PM
So Holdemtime, did you ever file that real and authentic not on GameFAQs bug report?
---
Nintendo made the greatest console ever. It was 64-bit, had upgradeable RAM, and an amazing lineup of games. N64, you were before your time.
RIP: 1996-2002