Anyone else having the game freeze every time they die?

#1Superman070776Posted 12/28/2013 1:08:49 PM
I have been playing on an offline, sp world with the Fantasy Texture Pack. I have not built anything much on the overworld, just a wheat farm, and a sugar cane farm. Mostly I have been mining, and I have a lot of mineshafts down at level 12 set up 2 blocks apart. Anyway, I never died for the first few weeks I have been playing, but the other day I was watching a movie on the other TV and didn't pay attention when I got knocked into the lava. The respawn screen came up, but it was frozen. I died two more times since then, and it freezes every time. I have auto save on, so I haven't lost any major progress, but it is annoying.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#2Metroid_LoverPosted 12/28/2013 4:49:39 PM
I've had this happen to me also.

Oddly it's only in one of my worlds, the other worlds it doesn't freeze the game/system when I die.
*I have auto-save disabled, but I didn't mind*
---
Naked Courier (Skyrim): I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver. Your hands only...
#3FurioPosted 12/30/2013 11:55:59 AM
I have this problem as well, there's a slightly older topic with a few people. Seems to be an ongoing issue, but maybe we just need to start new worlds to fix it. I'm pretty disappointed if that's the case.
#4Superman070776(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2013 3:19:41 PM
Well, starting a new world isn't an option I want to do. I am building a giant sand castle that goes all the way to the max height for the world. I also have part of a tunnel/path system going across the map, and a ton of mining done down at level 12. Dang...I don't want to start over, but if it comes to that, I have a couple of things I could fix...ugh...so much wasted time.
---
#5TDP_EquinoxPosted 12/30/2013 4:28:44 PM
most everyone seems to be having this, and starting a new world doesn't seem to fix it.
The only viable thing to do is let 4J know and wait for the patch.
---
#1 Member of the Church of Morgan Freeman. Hail Morgan Freeman!
GT : TDP Equinox
#6Metroid_LoverPosted 12/30/2013 4:51:02 PM(edited)
TDP_Equinox posted...
most everyone seems to be having this, and starting a new world doesn't seem to fix it.
The only viable thing to do is let 4J know and wait for the patch.

I need to re-test, but my system/game only freezes on one of my worlds. All others it doesn't.

That world was made shortly after TU12, or was it TU13, so we'll see if 4J listens and knows what might be causing it.

After thought:
I think this world that I'm having trouble with is the first one I made after my Gold membership expired, and I didn't renew it.
No idea if that means anything, but have only made one world after that and I'm working on it now and have died several times and no freezing that I can tell.
---
The best way to destroy the enemy is to run side to side while aiming with the sniper rifle while cursing like a drunken pirate.
#7HoldemtimePosted 1/1/2014 3:20:42 AM
Out of curiosity, is this an old world that's undergone a biome shift? Almost all of the people I've encountered with this problem are using an old world that's had biomes affected by an update. I'm wondering if this could be a cause?
---
XBOX GT: Beancrew49
#8TDP_EquinoxPosted 1/1/2014 5:55:09 AM
Holdemtime posted...
Out of curiosity, is this an old world that's undergone a biome shift? Almost all of the people I've encountered with this problem are using an old world that's had biomes affected by an update. I'm wondering if this could be a cause?

mine was, and if this is a pattern it would help to tell 4J.
Is it sad that the players are doing more to find the issue causing this crash than the devs are?
I think it is.

It might be trying to load both biome maps at the same time when respawning.
Which makes me ask another question, were you perhaps out of the chunk that your spawn is in when you died? it might be crashing when loading the spawn, thinking it is a different biome than it really is.
---
#9Superman070776(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 8:21:42 AM
I erased all of my old worlds, and this happened on my first brand new world with a random seed. I made a second world, but haven't died yet.
---
#10TDP_EquinoxPosted 1/1/2014 4:19:18 PM
Superman070776 posted...
I erased all of my old worlds, and this happened on my first brand new world with a random seed. I made a second world, but haven't died yet.

Try to keep track of how far from your spawn you are when you die. I will do some testing myself soon.
---