should i buy the disc version?

#1killmotronPosted 8/5/2014 3:29:22 AM
I have had minecraft since launch but had to buy a new 360 since then since the disc drive went out. I only have one hard drive between the two. If i get the disc will i be able to play my old saves on my newer 360?
---
if you are reading this there is now a bear behind you.
i am the greatest!
#2killmotron(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 3:32:27 AM
I of course meant since minecrafts launch.
---
i am the greatest!
#3tzar_666Posted 8/5/2014 3:55:50 AM(edited)
If you transpose your gamertag to the new 360 then yes. Then upload your saves to the cloud then download them to the new 360. Or use a transfer cable to put everything on the new system.
---
warning!!! if zombies attack im tripping you
#4killmotron(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 3:59:22 AM
They are both pro systems with the detachable hard drive. Will i still need to transfer anything if im using the same hard drive?
---
i am the greatest!
#5tzar_666Posted 8/5/2014 4:03:21 AM
Just take the hard drive and put it in the new system. Thats it.
---
#6killmotron(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 4:05:33 AM
Alright thank you very much i've put alot of hard work into my builds and didnt know if i could access them on the disc version.
---
i am the greatest!
#7tzar_666Posted 8/5/2014 4:11:11 AM
No problem. Saves are on the blade. If you have gold back them up on the cloud.
---
#8DXLR8RPosted 8/5/2014 7:20:55 PM
If it's only the disc drive that went bad, you know you can still keep that 360 that you play Minecraft on since it's a digital download, right?

Better yet, you don't need to buy the disc version when you can just put the old hard drive into the new 360 to play all of your older digital downloads and use the save files as you just found out as well too.
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N II - ||=|| /-\ |_ {{3}} all I need - also known as Skilotonn at TeamXbox
#9killmotron(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 4:19:22 AM
It doesnt work that way. Minecraft works on the basis of a console license for the digital download. Plus the old 360 is overheating alot more aswell.
---
i am the greatest!
#10mistamavePosted 8/7/2014 11:25:51 AM
You need to do a licence transfer through the dashboard of the new xbox, as the game purchase is linked to your old xbox.

---
I am fully aware that the bird is indeed, the word