Customization? Texture packs and player skins?

#1BBilbo1Posted 6/9/2011 9:52:40 AM
One of the best parts of minecraft aside from the gameplay is the customization of player skins and texture packs.

Now, I know that game mods probably wont be supported, but what do you think about skins and texture packs?

Think they will let us use avatars?
---
GamerTag: Hammer2Fall
#2fawful_XPosted 6/10/2011 4:08:49 AM
It's kinda combined with the PC version, so even if you lack the PC version, you should still be able to make skins.
---
Do you know the rules?
#3Fullmetal_77Posted 6/10/2011 5:08:58 AM
It really wouldn't be too hard at all to just put a skin editor right in the game.
---
Pokemon White FC: 1549-4524-4165
#4UserNameIsOPPosted 6/10/2011 9:44:46 AM
He could just put in something like the one from 3D Dot Heroes, but less advanced.
---
Hello there!
How are you today?
#5JimmyFraskaPosted 6/10/2011 11:53:08 AM
...you will use your Xbox LIVE avatar...

(Just an assumption, but think about it)
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/569088-dragonworld
Dragonworld - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Social and Roleplay Board
#6bluehat94Posted 6/12/2011 8:47:43 AM
it might "minecraftize" your avatar, but there will probably also be a character editor, its not like it would be hard to do, there are several sites for the characters for the PC version, implementing one in the 360 version almost seems like a given
---
"Well i actually performed the experiment dozens of times. The bad news is reality doesnt exist. The good news is we have a new cat graveyard" -GLaDOS
#7garaa682Posted 6/12/2011 11:02:56 AM
I always thought it would be cool if they made somehow put the Skindex button on Xbox. You could click on it then browse all sorts of different skins.
---
This is a signature
You are now viewing my signature.
#8Maxx_the_SlashPosted 6/12/2011 9:56:56 PM
They can easily make a skin editor for the 360 version, based on the skin-editing programs I've seen for the PC version.

Nintendo used the system for Animal Crossing years ago: you got a grid that you would move a cursor on and place a color (selected from a list) in an individual pixel of the grid. If they make a grid for each individual part of the body, then it could easily be done.

It might be time-consuming, but it could definitely be done.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 202/Sirius 197 (THE VIRUS)
XBL - Maxx the Slash | PSN - Maxx_the_Slash