Is this playable without Kinect?

#1dwt77Posted 11/19/2011 10:50:24 PM

This might be a lame q... Just wondering if its possible to play this without the Kinect sensor. I can't see buying the Kinect just for this game. But I'd really like to check this one out. Is it possible to play with a controller?

#2RedDeerRebelPosted 11/20/2011 12:08:40 AM
Nope Kinect only. Which is actually kind of unfortunate as it's probably the games biggest drawback, even though by design many aspects would not work without it.
#3IAMCARLPosted 11/20/2011 12:24:30 AM
It's a real bummer, too. I played this game at a buddy's house and it's pretty cool, but getting around is tedious.

I wouldn't mind having to play the mini-games with Kinect, but walking around the park is really marred by having to use the device. I'd buy it just to explore the park if I could do so with a controller.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll patch it in, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
#4RedDeerRebelPosted 11/20/2011 1:20:45 AM
I doubt it, Kinect is in the name. Not only was moving around the park tedious, I've had issues targeting the magic wand and positioning myself correctly for photos... Kinect really does hinder this experience.
#5knob1701Posted 12/3/2011 6:04:31 PM

This would have been a day one purchase for my kids if we could have just used the controller. Not really interested in setting up the whole kinect. My living is kind of small.