Avoiding tackles in football

#1MrMorrisonPosted 10/26/2011 11:34:50 AM
Anyone know if there's a technique to it, or if it just happens randomly?

Thanks.
#2TBomb1318Posted 10/26/2011 11:41:02 AM
Pretty sure it is random. The game tells you to Sprint in place and the player will break tackles on his own. Although, there have been instances where I've moved quickly to one side and try to dodge the defender and the player would juke out the defender. Not really sure if it is luck or not. Try it out for yourself.
#3MrMorrison(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2011 11:59:02 AM
Yeah that has happened to me too. That's why I wasn't sure if it was random or not. But against a champion opponent it does work as well. If it is random, it'll be hard to get the kickoff return or the touchdown on first down.
#4Atomic_PorkchopPosted 10/26/2011 4:14:59 PM
I've tried everything I could think of to JUKE, slowing down, speeding up, dodging left, right, etc. If it's not random then it must go off of a stat based on how accurate your initial throw was or what level of difficulty you are playing at...not sure.
#5KularaniniPosted 10/27/2011 11:16:46 AM
It's hard to tell if the game is responding to my movements or not.

There are times when the runner responds pretty well to my movements from side to side and even slowing down.

here's my theory:

Tackles coming from the side: you have to do a sidestep at the right moment

Tackles coming from the front: you have to stop running in place at the right moment

Tackles coming from behind: speed up as quickly as you can

I haven't had a lot of opportunity to experiment, but I have dodged all three types of tackles so it is possible but I'm not sure if it's luck or not. To me it seems like poor/lazy programming to base it on chance instead of appropriate player reaction

Left and right tackles are clearly the easiest to see and dodge.
That speedy guy that comes up from behind and the guy that hits from the front I've only dodged once each and I reacted the way I described above...so not a huge sample size, and it could have been luck.

If anyone gets a chance to experiment, fill us in.
#6thebestbitPosted 10/31/2011 5:44:55 AM
Pretty sure all you can do is run as fast as possible and hope. I seem to allways get stopped by someone coming out of nowhere from the bottom of the screen.
#7thebestbitPosted 11/3/2011 6:53:24 AM
Best way to do these achievements is in local vs multiplayer but just do it on your own. when player 2 catched the ball just keep letting him get tackled on the spot. After 4th down player 2 will have to punt you can do this achievement on a punt. Hike the ball, and just stand there until the game automatically kicks a weak kick for you.

Once it asks player 1 to step in simply raise your hand and run.

And it seems a duck and lean motion will make you juke if you need to.

You can also do the above method for Scoreing a touchdown on your 1st down.
#8UK360GAMER1Posted 11/18/2011 6:37:28 AM
You practically cant, its luck, they took out the dodging because kids and families thought it was too hard which i can tell you it wasnt. its just luck