Why ruin a good thing?

#41lderivedxPosted 6/14/2011 6:47:38 PM

I agree with you when you say that masterchief has done what no other man could do.

A FICTIONAL CHARACTER has done something no one else could? Why can't we make up another fictional character that can?
---
this is a shining example of why people with alternating caps in their names are treated like special children. - Sin
GT: i derive dx
#42Halo3GAMEFREAKPosted 6/14/2011 8:51:21 PM
TheFinalBattalion posted...
I agree with you when you say that masterchief has done what no other man could do.
A FICTIONAL CHARACTER has done something no one else could? Why can't we make up another fictional character that can?

Because then it wouldn't be Halo 4. The whole point of a sequel is to hold it's continuity. Sure, we COULD tell the story of another character, but why do that?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I pretty much see the MC as the "chosen one" of the Halo universe. He's THEE Spartan to turn to when **** happens. Seeing as how he's survived everything that's happened, we might as well tell his story again.
---
GT: ShadyMcGrady209
#43Mike_VanderzandPosted 6/14/2011 8:54:39 PM
BgSoA posted...
They aren't getting my 60 bucks is all I'm saying.

Guy probably buys new CoD games every year.
---
Walshy knows I'm a BEAST, PROOF:http://youtu.be/_YJ_OTU3-EQ
Sub my channel: http://www.youtube.com/mikevanderzand
#44tYRE_602Posted 6/14/2011 10:15:08 PM
343 Industries is comprised of some of the best minds in the games industry.

I have ultimate faith Halo 4 will be incredible.
#45TheScionofManPosted 6/15/2011 1:53:39 AM
BerserkerPanda posted...
BgSoA posted...
I've beaten every Halo on Legendery. I saw the ending everyone else saw. I just maintain my opinion that they could have simply let it end there.

I'd much prefer a game set without Master Chief around. Let us do something on Onyx as Kurt, or at Harvest where we could play as Johnson as he fights Macabeus and his brutes. Hell, let us put down the Inserrection, but let Master Chief, the ultimate soldier, retire.

...Or pull a Kingdom Hearts(Final Fantasy + Disney) and merge Halo and Call of Duty. Am I the only one who would love to see what Master Chief could do if he was given a proper rifle that was both an automatic, and accurate?

Troll confirmed

good eye :p
#46Link2B125Posted 6/15/2011 2:04:37 AM

I agree with you when you say that masterchief has done what no other man could do.But why let the legacy die when there are still so many adventures to have and still more foes to obliterate.Also if there bringing chief back then there better be a kick ass story or they'll lose a lot of loyal gamer's for ruining an already epic story.

Doomguy says hi, while simultaneously pimp slapping every spartan in existence.
---
XBLGT: Sanzaru PSN: TheRealSanzaru
SSFIVAE: Makoto(main) Yun(Alt)
#47cpo335Posted 6/15/2011 10:47:58 AM

Halo3GAMEFREAK posted...
TheFinalBattalion posted...

Because then it wouldn't be Halo 4. The whole point of a sequel is to hold it's continuity. Sure, we COULD tell the story of another character, but why do that?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I pretty much see the MC as the "chosen one" of the Halo universe. He's THEE Spartan to turn to when **** happens. Seeing as how he's survived everything that's happened, we might as well tell his story again.
---
GT: ShadyMcGrady209

He's actually not the best per say, he's just the jack of all trades., plus he's got luck on his side. Samuel was pretty badass and so was Kurt (I think they both just got overwhelmed). Plus, I don't think the other spartans have an AI like Cortana, so that already give the Chief a huge leg up.

#48Aragami777Posted 6/22/2011 9:30:42 AM
tYRE_602 posted...
343 Industries is comprised of some of the best minds in the games industry.

Like who exactly? And why?
---
FC 0345 0917 3266
#49gejsivPosted 6/22/2011 10:07:28 AM
BgSoA posted...
Master Chief took part in the most epic story, in my opinion, since Homer's Oddessy.

http://sadpanda.us/images/430598-FZVT407.jpg
---
I'm making an Oregon Trail video game with zombies! See the trailer for it here:
http://www.blindeyegames.com/media/
#50PatchworkPosted 6/22/2011 10:21:20 AM
Why does making a new game automatically equate to some sort of detriment to previous installments?

If anything, this game might be better than its predecessors. 343i can see what worked, what didn't, and what else they want to implement in this new trilogy.
---
I started a joke, which started the whole world crying.