New Engine?

#1Famine_10f4Posted 6/7/2011 3:04:10 PM

I am getting tired of Halo always looking like it is not on par with the rest of the big boys, sometimes I think it is a simple thing like Level design because some of the architecture of Halo looks really weird... Add some more stuff and make it feel like the environment is lived in.

Also enough with the HUGE maps that have nothing on them, big landscapes with one or two small buildings...

#2Epic__FailurePosted 6/7/2011 3:08:54 PM
Translation:

Aliens have such an odd sense of style. They should look at Call of Duty to get a feel for a proper war environment.
---
Q: Oblivion or Heaven? :: A: The idea of not existing frightens the feces out of me. So obviously heaven.
...LOL.
#3Famine_10f4(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2011 3:23:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Epic__FailurePosted 6/7/2011 3:30:46 PM
... wow, you're an idiot....

Fixed. Irony.
---
Q: Oblivion or Heaven? :: A: The idea of not existing frightens the feces out of me. So obviously heaven.
...LOL.
#5blorfenburgerPosted 6/7/2011 3:36:10 PM
uses Reach engine
---
"I have to blow everything up. It's the only way to prove I'm not crazy!" - Freeman's Mind
#6JoeyCentralPosted 6/7/2011 3:36:51 PM
blorfenburger posted...
uses Reach engine

That's not good news.
---
Xbox Live: JoeyCentral
Diamond Friend Code: 3911 8293 1285
#7cabbagesniperPosted 6/7/2011 3:45:41 PM
blorfenburger posted...
uses Reach engine

link?...all we have seen is a trailer that doesn't show actual gameplay
---
We got him!
#8xxKaiPosted 6/8/2011 10:26:01 PM

Famine_10f4 posted...

I am getting tired of Halo always looking like it is not on par with the rest of the big boys, sometimes I think it is a simple thing like Level design because some of the architecture of Halo looks really weird... Add some more stuff and make it feel like the environment is lived in.

Also enough with the HUGE maps that have nothing on them, big landscapes with one or two small buildings...

Kai iz exploring old topicz o_o

first of all... on par? You mean like, comparing Halo 2 to Gears of Wars 1? Also who the hell asked your opinion on the architecture of Halo XD Also Halo 4 is not using Reach's engine, tbh no one can be sure but looking at the series' pattern they've always used a new engine, Halo: Ce remake is using Reach's engine tho

#9XDG_DEAFILPosted 6/9/2011 12:30:18 AM
The Xbox 360 graphics card is all maxed out!
---
Xtreme Deaf Gamers --- Xbox Gamertag: XDG DEAFIL
#10Sour_GreenPosted 6/9/2011 1:03:38 AM
Famine_10f4 posted...
I am getting tired of Halo always looking like it is not on par with the rest of the big boys, sometimes I think it is a simple thing like Level design because some of the architecture of Halo looks really weird... Add some more stuff and make it feel like the environment is lived in.Also enough with the HUGE maps that have nothing on them, big landscapes with one or two small buildings...

Halo not on par..with games such as?
---
Playing: Black Ops, Modern Warfare 2, Morrowind
GT: Sour Green