New Engine?

#11UkDPosted 6/9/2011 3:39:03 AM
People tend to forget that Halo has so much going on. If you factor in all the different vehicles, the bigger multiplayer maps, the weapon variety, the armour abilities, the explosions, it's a lot of work for the console.

COD has small, simplistic maps, with badly designed character models running around.

It's not really a contest when you think about it.
---
-UkD
www.humanism.org.uk / http://clear-uk.org/
#12TheCanucksPosted 6/9/2011 3:56:29 AM
UkD posted...
People tend to forget that Halo has so much going on. If you factor in all the different vehicles, the bigger multiplayer maps, the weapon variety, the armour abilities, the explosions, it's a lot of work for the console.

COD has small, simplistic maps, with badly designed character models running around.

I agree with the " badly designed character " but don't say CoD has simple maps. The are leagues above Halo in design and detail.
---
GameFAQs is the place where making a bad joke=trolling and getting moderated...
Nobody takes you seriously when your a clown - Mel Gibson on South Park
#13xxAnastatiusxxPosted 6/9/2011 8:40:39 AM
cabbagesniper posted...
blorfenburger posted...
uses Reach engine

link?...all we have seen is a trailer that doesn't show actual gameplay

The dude was asked about a new engine and danced around the question and evaded answering which means that it most likely runs off of the Reach engine.
---
Prepare for unforeseen consequences...
http://www.last.fm/user/TheCynicAtheist I'm still adding artists so...
#14MASKOAAAPosted 6/9/2011 8:43:02 AM
Theres really nothing wrong with the Reach engine. Its really up to 343 to use it in the way they want. I heard there trying to avoid the color purple at all cost in this Halo. Also I'm sure they'll upgrade/tweak things in the engine that for situations in Halo 4 just like what Epic does for Gears games.
#15therickmu25Posted 6/9/2011 8:53:24 AM
Theres really nothing wrong with the Reach engine. Its really up to 343 to use it in the way they want.

^This. I think they can really polish it up and i'm interested to see the new ideas they have for this trilogy. In no way does Reach look bad even in MP. I never once said to myself, "O wow that annimation or texture looks so bad that the experience is ruined for me". It was the best looking Halo game yet!
#16kayoticdreamzPosted 6/9/2011 8:59:47 AM

UkD posted...

---
-UkD
www.humanism.org.uk / http://clear-uk.org/

you forgot halo has actual AI and the AI is exceptional at that and on top of that records everything.

#17outcast1398Posted 6/9/2011 9:33:14 AM
MASKOAAA posted...
Theres really nothing wrong with the Reach engine. Its really up to 343 to use it in the way they want. I heard there trying to avoid the color purple at all cost in this Halo. Also I'm sure they'll upgrade/tweak things in the engine that for situations in Halo 4 just like what Epic does for Gears games.

Avoiding using the color purple is a sign that the covenant is in fact not involved ;)
---
Butters - "Yes, I know what you are say-ing"
#18mistermerkPosted 6/9/2011 2:17:50 PM
Not on par with the big boys? Which FPSs look better than Halo: Reach? Certainly not any of the CODs. Crysis 2 looks better overall, I guess, but Halo still has better textures.