Was this the surprise of E3?

#11Wahrhiet_RaggsPosted 6/8/2011 6:53:46 PM(edited)
This game wasn't a surprise announcement, everyone knew about it about 12 hours before it was even announced due to a website leak. Only reason most people dredged through the all the kinect crap was because they wanted to see the Halo 4 trailer they knew was coming in MS's press conference.

Based on the 3 press conferences I watched I'd say the biggest crowd reaction to an announcement was the announcement that a new Smash Bros game would be on 3DS and Wii-U.... which kind of pains me to say.
---
I will not change my signature until Zone of the Enders 3 is released. Anyone who lets a review score judge whether or not they purchase a game is a tool.
#12EnterTheTekkenPosted 6/8/2011 6:55:11 PM
xKANONx posted...
no, he's not a fanboy, you just ask really stupid questions.

How is it a stupid question to inquire if they're actually going to take this series to the next level, or just add more bells and whistles and have the same tired gameplay from the original game on Xbox?
#13SEA_Posted 6/8/2011 7:06:11 PM
EnterTheTekken's question is completely valid
---
SDSU, Chargers, Padres, Clippers, LMU
http://i52.tinypic.com/2d3xa0.jpg
#14MrStyPosted 6/8/2011 7:32:58 PM
If they were going to completely change the game then they wouldn't call it Halo 4.
---
I know your roomie is supposedly in MLG and supposedly has a g/f who is supposedly a fox. I have no patience for bestiality... - Krazylegz
#15fineline122Posted 6/8/2011 7:35:46 PM
Yeah, they would. The name is where the $$$ is at.
#16RollingconePosted 6/8/2011 7:47:44 PM
EnterTheTekken posted...
xKANONx posted...
no, he's not a fanboy, you just ask really stupid questions.

How is it a stupid question to inquire if they're actually going to take this series to the next level, or just add more bells and whistles and have the same tired gameplay from the original game on Xbox?

You did ask a valid question, just in a provocative manner...

Anyways, I think Halo 4 needs to up the ante for the franchise. In terms of singleplayer, linear shooting levels won't cut it anymore. I think Halo would be well suited if it played like a faster version of Half-Life. Read: More exploration, yet very little, to no puzzle solving.

Halo multiplayer needs to become more diverse, instead of being polarized on the BR/DMR. To remedy this, the series could allow players to carry four weapons, all of which fill different roles (shield bursting weapon, long range weapon, close range weapon, finishing weapon), and switch out relatively fast. Loadouts would be custom, but power weapons would still be scattered across the map to encourage movement, and area control.
---
"I ain't going nowhere old man"
#17pro9b17(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2011 3:22:53 PM
No he didn't, he was totally polite.
---
"Rock is OP, but Paper is fine." - Scissors