Hopefully this game gets away from tank like Spartans.

#1MASKOAAAPosted 6/9/2011 8:38:54 AM
Bungie never really did a good job of making the Spartans appear as they did in the books or even the Halo Legends video. There agile like ninja's and strong as tanks. I hope I really feel like a Spartan in this new Halo trilogy. I honestly never felt any different then any of the other soldiers around me in past Halo games except for the fact I had regenerating shield and they did not lol.
#2MASKOAAA(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2011 8:44:50 AM
Idea that I'd like to throw out there. 3rd person mode were you can use hand to hand combat. A hybrid of FPS and THIRD PERSON would set this game apart and would allow gameplay elements for a more agile Spartan IMO.
#3xxKaiPosted 6/9/2011 8:54:20 AM

I somewhat agree with you, I guess they could simply do this by making every punch make the screen shake a little? I dunno I don't want them to change anything too much but I do agree I want to feel a little more powerful and faster, like the effects they use in Vanquish when you dodge, do the matrix reflexes, or when you boost on the field

#4bioshock1337Posted 6/9/2011 10:50:55 AM
MASKOAAA posted...
Bungie never really did a good job of making the Spartans appear as they did in the books or even the Halo Legends video. There agile like ninja's and strong as tanks. I hope I really feel like a Spartan in this new Halo trilogy. I honestly never felt any different then any of the other soldiers around me in past Halo games except for the fact I had regenerating shield and they did not lol.

That pretty much summed up all 3 Halos for me as well.
---
XBL: bioshock1337
#5Moonlight_SurfPosted 6/9/2011 11:08:27 AM
I never felt like a marine in the original trilogy. The gameplay and narrative both made it obvious that the Chief was much more than a marine.

That said, it would be cool if 343 incorporated some more agile gameplay mechanics. I haven't read the books, but that famous cut scene from Halo Wars made it clear that Spartans should be a lot more agile, even acrobatic.
---
I'm a model!
#6MASKOAAA(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2011 11:14:27 AM
Moonlight do you have Netflix? If so you should watch Halo Legends its available on INSTANT.
#7Moonlight_SurfPosted 6/9/2011 12:02:54 PM
Yep, I do. Thanks for the recommendation; I'll totally look into it.
---
I'm a model!
#8MASKOAAA(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2011 1:47:03 PM
bump