The Halo Rings made this series, what will be the iconic image of this?

#1War_1of4Posted 6/16/2011 9:06:19 AM

What will this new trilogy provide? In all honesty I can't think of anything that would be as jaw dropping as seeing the Halo ring for the first time, looking up and seeing it stretch all the way around and the architecture. It was one of the many iconic images that made Combat Evolved interesting which of course started to get stale by Halo 3.

I realise their importance but I hope we stay away from them as much as possible in this new trilogy. I want 343 to focus on creating a new world and some sort of image that will give us a similar feeling of amazement as setting foot on Halo for the first time.

#2GeistPosted 6/16/2011 9:10:40 AM
While it's only a wish, this would be mine.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090816195508/jvs/images/5/5d/Master_Chief_vs._Xeno.jpg
---
Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.
#3chirfPosted 6/16/2011 9:25:59 AM

Idk... this is sorta good enough for me http://halo.xbox.com/Content/assets/en-us/blog/News/HaloCEAHalo4Wallpapers/Halo4_1600x1200.jpg

But for the WHOLE trilogy? idk... depends. I have to know a little more about the story first before I make any opinions. But I just like the name "Halo" even if all the Halo rings are pretty much gone.

#4War_1of4(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2011 9:35:23 AM

^^You just made a light bulb flicker in my head.

If this new trilogy does in fact stay away from Halo rings (which I sort of hope for) then why is it being called Halo? Yes it would be confusing to call it something else but if the rings are no longer relevant then calling this game Halo seems kind of misplaced...

I am sure we can expect the Halo rings to make an appearance, it has been a focal point for the series, I would be surprised if this new trilogy doesn't even mention them.

#5chirfPosted 6/16/2011 10:06:59 AM

I love how they kept the name "Halo"

It's a name given to the franchise back when it was super popular, and continuing to keep the name Halo even when the Halo rings are gone just gives me a nostalgic shiver whenever I hear the ominous choral hymn of the theme song.

#6AzureHauddenPosted 6/16/2011 10:29:03 AM
The halo squares.
---
Gt : Azurehaudden . Feel free too add.
Playing : halo: reach , halo : ce , ninja gaiden black and 2 and fable tlc.
#7Nucl3arT1g3RPosted 6/16/2011 11:50:53 AM
War_1of4 posted...
^^You just made a light bulb flicker in my head.If this new trilogy does in fact stay away from Halo rings (which I sort of hope for) then why is it being called Halo? Yes it would be confusing to call it something else but if the rings are no longer relevant then calling this game Halo seems kind of misplaced...I am sure we can expect the Halo rings to make an appearance, it has been a focal point for the series, I would be surprised if this new trilogy doesn't even mention them.

It's called Halo 4 because it's a sequel to Halo 3, and it's still part of the series.So it's called Halo 4.
#8SterlingFoxPosted 6/16/2011 12:34:15 PM
War_1of4 posted...
In all honesty I can't think of anything that would be as jaw dropping as seeing the Halo ring for the first time, looking up and seeing it stretch all the way around and the architecture.

Wow. You are seriously... just... Wow... People tell so many bold-faced lies on this board, I swear. The first time we saw a Halo Array, it wasn't jaw-dropping at all. Not to you, not to me, not to anyone. That's like saying it was "jaw-dropping" the first time you saw a picture of the earth. No, it wasn't. Stop it.

You don't walk through building in YOUR OWN city admiring the architecture, so I don't believe that you did that in Halo:CE. Especially since it was all fairly standard sci-fi at the time.
---
''Were it so easy.''
MGO = Captain Deadman
#9xiTz_RyaNxPosted 6/16/2011 12:51:06 PM
SterlingFox posted...
War_1of4 posted...
In all honesty I can't think of anything that would be as jaw dropping as seeing the Halo ring for the first time, looking up and seeing it stretch all the way around and the architecture.

Wow. You are seriously... just... Wow... People tell so many bold-faced lies on this board, I swear. The first time we saw a Halo Array, it wasn't jaw-dropping at all. Not to you, not to me, not to anyone. That's like saying it was "jaw-dropping" the first time you saw a picture of the earth. No, it wasn't. Stop it.

You don't walk through building in YOUR OWN city admiring the architecture, so I don't believe that you did that in Halo:CE. Especially since it was all fairly standard sci-fi at the time.

Calm down, take a deep inhale and exhale all that negative energy and be open to someone elses opinion and experience for their first time playing Halo.
---
You have to take into consideration that the Gears are the most muscular people on Sera and could stab a blunt pencil through a Locust. - therickmu25
#10War_1of4(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2011 12:54:03 PM

SterlingFox posted...
War_1of4 posted...

---
''Were it so easy.''
MGO = Captain Deadman

Are you upset?... For the record I was in fact admiring the Halo ring on a number of occasions during the course of playing through Combat Evolved. Looking up and seeing the ring stretch over was always a neat sight.

Jaw dropping or not I don't think you can argue that it wasn't creative or cool, being an artist I appreciated the atmosphere it gave off.

Thanks for your contribution, your thoughts on the subject matter has been a treat, truly.