I don't see what can be more threatening....

#1levyjl1988Posted 8/22/2011 10:36:32 AM
than all sentient beings being exterminated because of the Halo Rings. All of Halo was based because of this powerful ring world made by the Foreunners. The Trilogy felt like a world, err I mean Universe saving mission. With Halo 4, what could be the potential story plot? Ok MC meets the forerunners, the flood are not much of threat anymore, the covenant are something of the past. What else could be epic enough to trump Halo 3. Halo Reach was the telling of noble team and their confrontation with the covenant. Halo 3 ODST was more of a side story giving backlogs in a different perspective.

Antagonists these days aren't painted black and white, each with a different moral or ethical code.

Anyway what do you think the storyline for Halo 4 is going to be? What major epic battle can there be?
---
Too many Games, soo little time.
Add me online: Xbox Live / PSN: levyjl1988 | Wii FC: 4573 9661 36954390
#2cpo335Posted 8/22/2011 11:18:37 AM
I hope they give us an enemy that has righteous motives, but whose objectives are utterly destructive. For instance, an enemy who wants to eradicate all evil from the universe but wants to do in a way that would completely wreak havoc on peaceful, "good" beings living in it. Kinda like if the Covenant had virtuous motives, that way we would have a deeper conflict than just something relating to the plot line.
#3ImANerdNotAGeekPosted 8/22/2011 12:11:30 PM
IIRC the Halo rings only destroyed all sentient life in the galaxy, not the universe. So the new trilogy will introduce a threat to the entire universe, I suppose.
---
Totally awesome!
#4bobfather7Posted 8/22/2011 3:19:21 PM
The threat could be toned down a bit anyway. The scale seems bigger when you actually see 100,000 spaceships in a battle rather than just being told about some super weapon and never seeing it in practice.
---
(\../).. |#[_]#| |[_]|
(o.O) |+[_]::| |+ :| (O.O) (::) (>^_^)>
#5Majoras_pantsPosted 8/23/2011 1:23:26 AM
I think they meant darker and more threatening than the covenant, not the flood and the destruction of the galaxy by the Halo rings.

And it's still Halo, the Halo rings may still play a part in the story.
#6Damaged ACEPosted 8/23/2011 5:05:48 AM
Some people like to theorize that The Chief will meet Durandal on Marathon.... Personally I kind of hope that's true, it would def make for some interesting things as far as Cortana, Tycho and Leela as well.

Or mby we see the advanced version of the Flood. Based on what you're told in Halo Cryptum The Flood are far more dangerous and viral than thought. Their infection stretches tens of thousands of years and more. Who knows what new level they have reached in the far reaches of the universe, outside of Halo's firing capabilities.
---
"****'em if they can't take a joke" ~John Travolta~
-------------------362010-------------------
#7EmperorLinkXPosted 8/24/2011 12:05:13 PM
i think i read somewhere on gamefaqs that the AI that went mad during the forerunner-flood war might be the main bad guy.
but according to halopedia(not sure if accurate) humans were once equal to the forerunners, but after losing the human-forerunner war, the forerunners sent humanity back to the stone age. if thats true, then the enemy could be some forerunners leftover from the war that somehow survived the firing of the halo arrays.
---
Death to Gnomes and Murlocs!
#8VectorChaosPosted 8/25/2011 6:57:21 AM
EmperorLinkX posted...
i think i read somewhere on gamefaqs that the AI that went mad during the forerunner-flood war might be the main bad guy.
but according to halopedia(not sure if accurate) humans were once equal to the forerunners, but after losing the human-forerunner war, the forerunners sent humanity back to the stone age. if thats true, then the enemy could be some forerunners leftover from the war that somehow survived the firing of the halo arrays.

The 'main bad guy' AI is 05-032 Mendicant Bias. Go get an education on him, he's the reason for almost everything in Halo.

Humans weren't 'equal' with the Forerunners, but were very technologically advanced in the past, holding a number of colonized worlds and, ironically, enjoying an alliance with the San'Shyumm - You might know them better as the Prophets. Yeah, those douchebags used to be friendly.

The Human-Forerunner War also wasn't as simple as 'hay guyz lets go to war'. It was Humanity that first came into contact with the Flood. You can find the details yourself, long story short, humans end up fighting a retreating battle across their colonies against the Flood, and start falling back to and attack/taking Forerunner colonies to compensate for the losses.

The Forerunner retaliated, but not before humanity defeated the Flood - Completely. They didn't just slug it out with Flood Combat Forms, they cured the condition. Before being bombarded back into the stone age by the Forerunners, humanity destroyed this cure out of spite, basically knowing the Flood would probably return, and not wanting the Forerunners to be able to defend themselves against it.

That plan sure worked...
---
PSN: VectorChaos || WTF || XBL: Vector Chaos
Watching Humanity doom itself with a smile since 1984.