No soldier should be honoured for doing what is expected....

#1tommygun786Posted 8/22/2011 7:38:29 PM
Just finished watching the whole Halo 3 believe advertising campaign, boy was that a lot of hype. The short clips were really well done and i remember being so hyped for Halo 3 because of it.
Anyways i hope halo 4 has an awesome advertising campaign.
---
SPARTANS!!!! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION! Number of response 2 Number of correct responses 1
#2Famine_10f4Posted 8/22/2011 8:21:15 PM

Those marketing videos are always better than the actual game... I remember seeing that diorama they made and thought that there would be a similar scene in the game with tons of guys having it out at each other... No such battle occurred.

Also the trailers have way more of an emotional impact that the games fail to capture.

#3tommygun786(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2011 5:06:17 PM
Famine_10f4 posted...
Those marketing videos are always better than the actual game... I remember seeing that diorama they made and thought that there would be a similar scene in the game with tons of guys having it out at each other... No such battle occurred.Also the trailers have way more of an emotional impact that the games fail to capture.

Yeah much more emotional impact than games
---
SPARTANS!!!! WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION! Number of response 2 Number of correct responses 1
#4cpo335Posted 8/23/2011 6:21:46 PM

You know technically the whole "Believe" ad campaign (or at least the diorama) was an ONI operation to cover-up the Forerunners, their installations (ie the Halos and the Ark), and the Flood.

The whole reason they have Master Chief "dying" in the diorama was because when he went through the portal to the Ark, he didn't come back. If a bunch of ships, plus a supersolider of celebrity status, went through and didn't return, the Navy would have to explain it. Since the Elites eradicated the Flood before they spread out of control, the only Forerunner installation encountered on Earth was the portal (which was probably buried by the time the diorama was erected - as shown to be some time after the events of Halo), and Master Chief mysteriously disappearing, they could cover everything up as one big battle.

They probably just said the portal was just a piece of metal in the ground (since it was closed by the end of Halo 3 -- a time lapse of only a few weeks or so after it opened. Plus when the Arbiter returned, he didn't come through the portal, he just emerged out of nowhere over the ocean), the Master Chief dyed in a blaze of glory by igniting a grenade and basically suicide bombing himself next to the Brute, and they didn't even have to talk about the Flood since they were completely wiped out literally the same night they arrived.

That's why Bungie (not ONI) put the "Believe" tagline on Halo 3 (along with other symbolic reasons that would only make sense if I analyzed the entire game). If you missed out of the post-credits cutscene, or even just the legendary ending, then you would have to "Believe" in the Chief. I guess it's to sort of immortalize, or even deify, the Master Chief.

Bravo ONI, bravo.

PS, Oh and since the "Believe" ad campaigns are considered canon (at least I think they are), then look at the date at which they were created. The whole Halo series takes place in Fall of 2552 and the ads were made many years after. So if humanity still believes the Chief is dead after all those years, then it's probably safe to assume that he hasn't made contact with humanity for a while (a la Halo 4 probably takes place AFTER all those ads were canonically released).

#5MC_Brian1Posted 8/23/2011 7:32:09 PM
You know, Halo 3 had a MONSTROUS ad campaign. Reach did not even come remotely close. I know too much hype can be bad, but given that Halo is the MS killer app, it deserves the campaign.
---
Why do you believe that Majora is a female? - BlueGunstarHero
Majora's emotions came out through the Skull Kid - BadDecisions