2 years in development???

#1davidsworld3Posted 8/25/2011 7:34:22 PM

Then how the hell do we get it in basically 2 years from now? If it's got the same engin which in my opinion isnt gonna look that great anymore, why no pics or vids? Shouldn't this be done uh by end of this year?

I'm assuming their will be no realistic battle effects like destructable enviroment or heads blown off...something I think this series needs it's what i've always would have liked in it, head shots in mp would be more enjoyable.

Will probably be a great game but probably wont wow my head off.

#2Majoras_pantsPosted 8/25/2011 8:48:37 PM
"It's taking a long time but they're not doing anything"

Why do you assume this?

Portal 2 and Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines were made on the same engine too. So what?
#3bobfather7Posted 8/25/2011 9:11:37 PM
Halo needs the ability for more moving environments like the train in terminal or conveyor belts. I felt like Reach even toned down the number of movable crates and fusion coils. Halo isn't about blowing off heads and destructible environment would effect gameplay a lot, so I wouldn't want it to be a base mechanic that's in every level.
---
(\../).. |#[_]#| |[_]|
(o.O) |+[_]::| |+ :| (O.O) (::) (>^_^)>
#4_SawyerPosted 8/26/2011 12:48:00 AM
Just a few questions and comments.

davidsworld3 posted...
2 years in development???

Says who?

davidsworld3 posted...
If it's got the same engin which in my opinion isnt gonna look that great anymore, why no pics or vids?

Because developers actually like to give info for the game over the course of time up until it's release, not all at once right after the announcement trailer. Are you new to video games or just new to following them?

davidsworld3 posted...
Shouldn't this be done uh by end of this year?

Why would it be?

davidsworld3 posted...
I'm assuming their will be no realistic battle effects like destructable enviroment or heads blown off..

1. Why do you assume that?
2. No there won't be getting blown off. Why would there be? Gears of War sounds right up your alley though. All the mindless violence you can get there.
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"Ya took my stuff"
#5xHughJasxPosted 8/26/2011 5:01:24 AM
Wow, kids are whining about games being in development for 3-4 years now? I remember when games HAD to be in development for at least 5 because they couldn't just release a buggy game and patch it sometime down the road.
---
My other 500+ karma account was banned for no reason. Thanks Gamefaqs.
Marikhen - "They should rename to Bads of Scrubcraft."
#6cpo335Posted 8/26/2011 6:20:48 AM
You know, even Call of Duty takes 2 years to develop. Activision just hired another company to release it every other year while IW works on it. It's not unheard of for a game to develop in 2 years time. Look at the gaps between Halo and Halo 2 (Remember those delays?) and Halo 2 and Halo 3. The only reason the time between Halo 3 and ODST was short was because it was all mostly DLC, plus a single player.
#7_SawyerPosted 8/26/2011 6:40:35 AM
^Halo 2 never had any delays. There was always one set release date, but everyone went by what the retailers said beforehand.
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"Ya took my stuff"
#8RichGamebuddyPosted 8/26/2011 7:29:46 AM

cpo335 posted...
You know, even Call of Duty takes 2 years to develop. Activision just hired another company to release it every other year while IW works on it. It's not unheard of for a game to develop in 2 years time. Look at the gaps between Halo and Halo 2 (Remember those delays?) and Halo 2 and Halo 3. The only reason the time between Halo 3 and ODST was short was because it was all mostly DLC, plus a single player.

Well actually CoD doesn't take 2 years to develop. The first year after release is spent mostly on stuff like dlc and updates while the second year is spent on developing the next game.

#9Famine_10f4Posted 8/26/2011 9:04:47 AM

It also depends on the development team... Size matters.

More time is a good thing, besides it's not like we knew this games was in development for 2 years, it was only announced a few months ago, most games these days are announced a full year before they are released.

Bioshock Infinite, Gears of War 3, hell Insane has a release date in 2013...

Of course time is only a good thing when work is being done, unlike Duke Nukem which took 12 years but it was because they scrapped and restarted at least 3 times.

#10NewLight772Posted 8/26/2011 9:13:15 AM
Isn't it obvious? This game will be a launch title for the next xbox. At least thats what i think, but i have no evidence to support this.