Epicness!!!! :D (WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS INVOLVING GLASSLANDS)

#1Lawfish66Posted 10/27/2011 11:41:18 PM
Okay, so as I just read right now via Wikipedia, everyone got out of Onyx due to a Huragok population in the planet. Now, with Halsey being arrested, and I'm assuming all the remaining SPARTANS being pulled out of the Dyson Sphere ( this is what I am presuming, I still have yet to read the book, and the knowledge I have ascertained is from Wikipedia so I could be wrong), this brings up my probably recent question: Are we going to be seeing the SPARTANS assist the MC when the UNSC is found in Halo 4? I think yes because there are 3 more SPARTAN-II active candidates remaining besides Chief and I'm sure MC is going to need help in this game, but I wanna hear what you guys think of this.
---
Help bring back Republic Commando! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/914938-star-wars-republic-commando/57002133
#2Famine_10f4Posted 10/28/2011 8:13:28 AM

I sort of hope so, I think seeing Halsey would be a great scene for both Cortana and Chief, as well as any other Spartans.

#3devil mingyPosted 10/28/2011 8:55:38 AM
Spartan IVs, most likely.
---
Got a Halo story question?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/59577580
#4jhonoisoudenPosted 10/28/2011 12:20:31 PM
SPOILERSSSSSS!!

The spartans were released form Dyson Sphere. Not only that, they also found a hanger LOADED with forerunner ships and other technology. The UNSC currently has a ship called the "Infinity" ( pic: http://www.halopedian.com/images/1/14/UNSC_Infinity.jpg) which has been upgraded with all the latest covenant and forerunner technology they found. And to make things even more intersting, there are active Spartan IV's on that ship. For the spartan VI program they used adult volenters instead of kids, like in the Orion Project (Spartan 1 program). The UNSC also gave the remaing Spartan II and III's the option to join the Spartan IV's if they wanted. Thats all they said about the Spartan IV's, maybe they will release more information about them in the next book. I think its safe to say, that the Spartan VI's will make an appearance along with the "Infinity" in Halo 4. but thats just my opinoin.
#5jhonoisoudenPosted 10/28/2011 12:39:13 PM
It was also stated in the book that, the Mjolnir "maintains and upgrades itself" using nanotech, when a spartan is in Cryo-chamber. I believe this would explain the change in masterchief's armor in halo 4.
#6Lawfish66(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2011 2:42:49 PM(edited)
I definetly have to read this novel. Shoot, you got SPARTAN-IV's, foreunner-covenant-human tech, and a whole assortment of stuff in this. But a few questions:

1: How in the hay did Engineers even get into the Micro-Dyson Sphere without being blown away by Sentinels, let alone even live in there, and how long have they been there?

2: Who is managing the SPARTAN-IV program?

3: Is Halsey probably going to be executed due to what she did during the course of the Human-Covenant war?

4: With the introduction of a surviving and fit SPARTAN-II candidate (Naomi-010), could this mean that there were plenty of other SPARTAN-II survivors as well?
---
Help bring back Republic Commando! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/914938-star-wars-republic-commando/57002133
#7jhonoisoudenPosted 10/28/2011 3:32:07 PM
1. The engineers were always there. These engineers have been there since before the firing of the halo. Either that or they are direct decendents of the originals created by the forerunners. They have had no contact with the covenant.

2. it never really said who was controling it. They didnt even really talk much about the program. All they bascically said was that, they are using adult volenteers( have to be in military), and that there were some on Infinity. They probably say more about them in the sequal.

3. Nope. the story did seem like it was going that way, cause Parangosky ( the head of Oni) was talking about having her executed , but in the end she was deemed to valuable. So since everybody thought she died on reach ( gave her a memorial and everything) Parangosky is just going to make Halsey her slave. Since she technically doesnt exist anymore.

4. They didnt mention anything about, any other surviving spartans. sorry
#8metroidman92Posted 10/30/2011 1:04:27 AM
jhonoisouden posted...
It was also stated in the book that, the Mjolnir "maintains and upgrades itself" using nanotech, when a spartan is in Cryo-chamber. I believe this would explain the change in masterchief's armor in halo 4.

No it wouldn't. He's been in stasis since the end of Halo 3. How could he upgrade his armor when he hasn't even been awake?
---
There was only one ship... they called it The Pillar of Autumn...
#9jhonoisoudenPosted 10/30/2011 1:00:40 PM
I said the amour upgrades itself. Im just telling you wat the book said, and offering my own opinion. Its up to you, wat you do with that information.
#10devil mingyPosted 10/31/2011 5:34:41 PM
It would still need upgraded to where it could upgrade itself. The Chief didnt go into cryo wearing Mark VII... at least not that we know.
---
Got a Halo story question?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/59577580