Halo 2 BR or Halo 3 BR

#11JohnO_oPosted 12/23/2011 8:14:15 AM
Famine_10f4 posted...
So wait, Halo 2 used hit scan (no physical bullet)... Wouldn't that be worse?

Wouldn't it?

Actually, not really, guy.

Since the detail of seeing physical bullets is replaced by the "ghost" image of a bullet, and it makes connecting shots easier online, it's as much as a benefit as a lazy way to do things.

It's not exactly a technical marvel, but it keeps people from screaming "WTF! My shots dunt HIT! He was one shot and I shot his FACE! I QUIT!"

With "real" (lol I put real in quotes) bullets, lag can sometimes effect your shots (not as much as some people would like to complain it does, :P but still), so hitscan, although a technical step back, IS helpful in online multiplayer.
---
No, his name is John because he has a v*****.-ShieldYourEyes
#12xTreefiddy350xPosted 12/24/2011 12:19:48 AM
IMO Halo 3 could have been SO close to perfection if it had hitscan.

But I have to go with Halo 2. I liked the BR glitches as well.
#13MC_Brian1Posted 12/25/2011 11:31:59 AM
Halo 3. Making it not-hitscan and having spread makes it not the dominant weapon.

I want a Halo where it's not about duels with the dominant weapon, but where every weapon can be effective (they tried this with Reach, and failed) depending on what situation you're in. In this case, H3 BR would be a better choice than Halo 2.

But if we're going to have another Halo where it's just about having duels with the Magnum/BR/DMR then I'd rather have the H2 BR.
---
Why do you believe that Majora is a female? - BlueGunstarHero
Majora's emotions came out through the Skull Kid - BadDecisions
#14bluetigercamoPosted 12/28/2011 9:48:40 AM
So I take it hitscan is a good thing and its what most prefer.
#15JohnO_oPosted 12/28/2011 9:58:02 AM
bluetigercamo posted...
So I take it hitscan is a good thing and its what most prefer.

Eh. Most people just don't notice or don't care. I am the latter. The only reason I posted is to be informative, whereas most people who frequent these threads choose to be insulting.

My way of promoting level headed discussion and freedom of info, rather than elitism. The Halo Reach Board people coming here just to compare H2 and HR to H4 is an ill omen in and of itself.
---
No, his name is John because he has a v*****.-ShieldYourEyes
#16xTreefiddy350xPosted 12/28/2011 10:16:04 AM
MC_Brian1 posted...
Halo 3. Making it not-hitscan and having spread makes it not the dominant weapon.

I want a Halo where it's not about duels with the dominant weapon, but where every weapon can be effective (they tried this with Reach, and failed) depending on what situation you're in. In this case, H3 BR would be a better choice than Halo 2.

But if we're going to have another Halo where it's just about having duels with the Magnum/BR/DMR then I'd rather have the H2 BR.

Halo 2 BR wasn't as dominate as it was in H3. Both were very dominate, yes, but it still had to compete with close range guns (sword and shotty) for close range and snipers for long range. Only competition in Halo 3 was the carbine. In Halo 2 the competition was dual wielding pistols, dual SMG with Plasma Rifle and carbine. It's not hitscan that makes a gun dominate, its the power of the gun.