Saw this on the Bungie Forums...

#1PatchworkPosted 12/23/2011 1:14:00 PM
http://imgur.com/K49U4

Being discussed as a possible leaked Halo 4 screenshot, Alpha build. Not sure I'd put too much stock into it, but I didn't put much stock into the Reach screenshots that were leaked, either.
---
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.
#2JohnO_oPosted 12/23/2011 2:03:46 PM
Nope.

Those are the arms from the Mark V (specifically the look from Reach), with a loud green primary color, looking down at a boring forerunner floor, on a living room T.V. taken by a cell phone camera.

I don't believe any leaks from a Halo game unless a freaking lawsuit s involved. Halo games don't release **** until they're good and ready, and anyone discussing this seriously has a major lack of discretion.
---
No, his name is John because he has a v*****.-ShieldYourEyes
#3Famine_10f4Posted 12/23/2011 2:22:10 PM

Even if it is real its really boring... There would be more to discuss if there was an unfamiliar weapon, character, or vehicle.

#4Patchwork(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2011 2:33:32 PM
Those are the arms from the Mark V (specifically the look from Reach), with a loud green primary color, looking down at a boring forerunner floor, on a living room T.V. taken by a cell phone camera.

I read this in Tony Schaloub's Monk voice.

I don't believe any leaks from a Halo game unless a freaking lawsuit s involved. Halo games don't release **** until they're good and ready, and anyone discussing this seriously has a major lack of discretion.

Pictures of the needle rifle and some other things popped up from Reach before Bungie released any information. It's not unheard of, though it is rare (one game out of five).
---
#5_SawyerPosted 12/23/2011 3:52:28 PM(edited)
^Whether this is real or not (and it's not), let me ask you this, TC: Are you really interested in what the alpha version of forearms and hands look like?
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"Ya took my stuff"
#6Patchwork(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2011 3:58:45 PM
No, but I was interested in that the original topic wherein I found the image said there would be more forthcoming. And, at any rate, would you rather us have another long discussion about Halo: Reach? Or perhaps some actual Halo 4 discussions?

When news is slow, small things are interesting.
---
#7_SawyerPosted 12/23/2011 4:10:12 PM(edited)
Lol, more forthcoming? What? More screenshots of the floor? If this guy had any legit pics, he would've shown off anything that indicated such. And he choose to suck people in with... a picture of the floor? No. He's probably just trying to get better at using photoshop so his next picture actually has a chance fooling anyone.

If we're gonna discuss Halo 4, it shouldn't start with just a photoshopped Reach picture.
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"Ya took my stuff"
#8JohnO_oPosted 12/23/2011 4:21:03 PM
Dark 05 posted...
No, but I was interested in that the original topic wherein I found the image said there would be more forthcoming. And, at any rate, would you rather us have another long discussion about Halo: Reach? Or perhaps some actual Halo 4 discussions?

When news is slow, small things are interesting.

You do have a point. Those Halo: Reach discussions about bloom and spread and hitscan are both boring and fundamentally negative. It just seems like they're meant to draw people in for a long-ass argument that nobody really wins.

Be that as it may, what conversation value is this? The forearms and hands are pretty clearly from Reach, and they added a different health bar and a splash of blood. I don't know what to say to that other than I doubt it.

How about some speculation on where the story might go, or what that big red ****ing creature was in the Concept Art trailer? That thing scared my crap out.
---
No, his name is John because he has a v*****.-ShieldYourEyes
#9Patchwork(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2011 4:22:33 PM
Lol, more forthcoming? What? More screenshots of the floor? If this guy had any legit pics, he would've shown off anything that indicated such. And he choose to suck people in with... a picture of the floor? No. He's probably just trying to get better at using photoshop so his next picture actually has a chance fooling anyone.

Well, I wouldn't know what is forthcoming, would I? Hence, forthcoming. Not to mention, I already pretty much agreed that this was likely fake, but seeing as how there's very little activity here actually discussing Halo 4 (with the majority of the board's activity being the Reach debate), why not share something I ran across?

If we're gonna discuss Halo 4, it shouldn't start with just a photoshopped Reach picture.

Why not? Any discussion of Halo 4 is a step in the right direction, as far as I'm concerned, and what sparked the discussion is really not important.
---
#10Patchwork(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2011 4:27:47 PM
John, I agree the forearms are basically Reach forearms, but I'm also not certain they're not just placeholder textures. Even then, I understand the picture shows very little.

So, then, let's move the discussion in Halo 4's direction a bit more. Questions I have regarding where this trilogy is taking place/taking the player.

1. Is the planet the "Legendary" planet from Halo 3? If so, how did I miss this confirmation (entirely possible)?

2. Is it out of the question that, with 343i's apparent new fascination with the books, this could be Onyx? It would explain why there are UNSC personnel there, UNSC equipment, etc.

3. Will we fight the Covenant? Coupled with the last question, if UNSC personnel are there and somehow Covenant are there (or were stranded there at some point), would they know the war is over?
---