Obviously People Do Not Understand Halo's Timeline

#1Hasani777Posted 1/20/2012 9:01:37 AM
To anyone who has said anything about reach having a bad affect on this game or ideas being implemented from reach in this game are ridiculous. Reach was simply a prequel to the Halo trilogy. According to Halo lore, Reach was the technologically advanced epicenter to the Humans, which is why there were so many new weapons, armor abilities, and so on. Reach had technology from other races as well which helped advance the Human's items. When Reach was destroyed, that information and technology was lost. The minds behind it were, for the vast majority, lost. Any aspect of armor abilities would be illogical and completely out of place via the timeline. Plus, 343 and Bungie stated this when Reach was made, they said it gave them the freedom to implement some ideas they always wanted but did not fit in the story as it was.
---
XBL GT: TheGuardians777
#2_SawyerPosted 1/20/2012 10:09:22 AM(edited)
Interesting...

343 will not make the timeline take priority over the gameplay, and rightfully so. Every armor ability could've been destroyed on Reach, but if there's a demand for them, then they'll be included in Halo 4. Gameplay will always come first.
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"Ya took my stuff"
#3Hasani777(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2012 10:21:32 AM
I mean this statement to be towards campaign/storyline. Multiplayer can be adjusted to what people want, I personally care more about campaign due to the fact that Halo was a story before a game. If I want to play multiplayer, there are other games I enjoy more depending on my mood. Also, what the general population desires changes so often that there are so many different game modes to cover those things.
---
XBL GT: TheGuardians777
#4Supreme_HunterPosted 1/20/2012 10:36:53 AM(edited)
_Sawyer, this topic has been discussed before, right? I'm not just have insane Deja Vu.
---
GT: Supreme Hunter0
Games Completed: 28 / Most Recently Completed: Jurassic Park: The Game (1000/1000)
#5_SawyerPosted 1/20/2012 10:52:40 AM

I mean this statement to be towards campaign/storyline. Multiplayer can be adjusted to what people want, I personally care more about campaign due to the fact that Halo was a story before a game. If I want to play multiplayer, there are other games I enjoy more depending on my mood. Also, what the general population desires changes so often that there are so many different game modes to cover those things.

It still applies to Campaign, though not to the extent of MP. Even Combat Evolved was such a success because of the gamplay rather than the story (the story was just "ok" if you hadn't read the book). Putting a story in the game is pointless if it doesn't play just as well. If it's a lackluster experience because they don't want to add features that people think made the previous game better because it'll mess up the timeline, then they're better off keeping that story to books and such.

_Sawyer, this topic has been discussed before, right? I'm not just have insane Deja Vu.

Oh, you noticed also? I thought I had dreamt it and just predicted the future or something. Yeah, this is the exact same topic (word for word, I believe) as before.
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"Ya took my stuff"
#6devil mingyPosted 1/20/2012 5:45:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7MrStyPosted 1/20/2012 6:35:34 PM
Dude, I thought I was going crazy... We have been chosen by the prophecy.
---
I know your roomie is supposedly in MLG and supposedly has a g/f who is supposedly a fox. I have no patience for bestiality... - Krazylegz
#8DragondudeRPosted 1/21/2012 9:03:24 AM
Do people really care about how accurately canonical it would be to include new weapons in a supposedly older game?

The developers had newer kickass ideas, they put it in a new game. Who cares if it's supposed to take place before. Better then them not including ideas because "it wouldn't make sense".

Some of the most diehard fans can be so douchey , it still amazes me lol
#9MrStyPosted 1/21/2012 2:49:20 PM
Oh, and to address the topic and blind follower #1 above me, I've never heard or seen anyone bring it up. I'm actually positive that everyone was expecting unique and "innovative" technology in this game, particularly because it's on Reach.
---
I know your roomie is supposedly in MLG and supposedly has a g/f who is supposedly a fox. I have no patience for bestiality... - Krazylegz
#10metroidman92Posted 1/21/2012 10:47:00 PM
We actually see some AA's evolve through the games, even if it was obviously unintentional.

Jetpack Elites/ Jumppack Brutes
The holo-drones we see on the Heretic Station
Chief "locking his armor" to cushion his impact in Halo 3 (Yes I know Jorge tell 6 to do this in TOTS, but it could still be the same area of research)
I don't think I need to count sprinting as an evolution... same with Evade.
Cloaking was something that the Covenant had already mastered.

So as far as AA's go, they weren't entirely wiped out on Reach. Either the Covies already had their own versions of that tech, or copied it from the UNSC.

Now as far as weapons go, well... In the books, I think I remember the BR being able to switch between burst, and Semi-Auto single shot. So there's your DMR right there. Everything else seemed to make it off Reach, save for the Grenade Launcher. But that thing was crap anyway.
---
I delete data like you on the way to real errors.