ODST is probably better

#1ThaneNeedsCurePosted 2/3/2012 10:37:32 AM
Yeah I said it. ODST was one of the best Halo games. The plot was one of my favorites, and some of the mechanics was great.
Not looking forward to seeing Chief have items from Reach magically appear in this one. Should've left the series alone, 343 Industries and should've made a non canon or non-main series game
---
Romancing Tali was my best decision I made in a game
Gamertag: Cinematic Horse
#2_SawyerPosted 2/3/2012 10:45:58 AM
Joke Topic? It's gotta be.. for more than one reason...
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"Ya took my stuff"
#3TwoDrinkMikePosted 2/3/2012 11:44:04 AM
I thought ODST had one of the better campaign modes. Obviously the story itself was not going to be as all-encompassing or grandiose as the games with MC, but the actual gameplay was pretty solid. Having the player constantly change between the Rookie and everyone else kept the gameplay varied.
---
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh7rekuKQR1qdtbqko1_500.gif
#4SpiduxUnlimitedPosted 2/3/2012 1:45:59 PM
God I hope you're not talking about the 'jet pack' in the trailer >.<
---
With my middle finger up I'm sayin **** how you feel
In my hand there's a blunt and my system there's a pill--D-Lo
#5KactusmanPosted 2/3/2012 4:26:07 PM
ODST is probably better than what?
---
Cougar Train!
#6mastercheeze313Posted 2/3/2012 4:30:11 PM
Rookie was weak compared to Chief. Literary. Rook had less health, didn't talk, and had no personality whatsoever.
---
Whats a signature?
#7Spartan_418Posted 2/4/2012 2:04:12 AM

mastercheeze313 posted...
Rookie was weak compared to Chief. Literary. Rook had less health, didn't talk, and had no personality whatsoever.
---
Whats a signature?

This. Rookie might as well have been Gordon Freeman. They don't qualify as characters when they have no voices and no faces. I'm tired of seeing silent, faceless protagonists in games. 

I liked ODST overall but I think it would have been better if Buck had been the main playable character. 

#8xTreefiddy350xPosted 2/4/2012 11:33:21 AM
ThaneNeedsCure posted...
Not looking forward to seeing Chief have items from Reach magically appear in this one.

wtf are you talking about? there is NO mention of anything from Reach coming back to H4. If you are talking about the "jet pack" in the trailer that WAS NOT a jet pack. It was a zero gravity thruster pack. MC has always had that, and so does every spartan. It's powerful enough to push through zero gravity (space) but not powerful enough to push through gravity.

No offense to you, but I'm so tired of saying this.
#9TwoDrinkMikePosted 2/4/2012 3:07:13 PM
Spartan_418 posted...
This. Rookie might as well have been Gordon Freeman. They don't qualify as characters when they have no voices and no faces. I'm tired of seeing silent, faceless protagonists in games. I liked ODST overall but I think it would have been better if Buck had been the main playable character.

I don't mind the silent protagonist as long as the other characters in the game are developed well enough, which they were in ODST. You can't go wrong with the cast of Firefly.
---
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh7rekuKQR1qdtbqko1_500.gif
#10SR71haloPosted 2/5/2012 6:32:05 PM

That was kind of the point, to play Halo through the eyes of a regular marine.

Anyway, ODST had the second best campaign of the entire series. It's almost as good as the originals. I can understand the complaints of being an overpriced expansion but other than that, ODST was underrated.
---
Zombies are like sprinkles, they make everything sweeter!