This better have a 1 - 50 rank system

#11BrockSolidPosted 2/8/2012 6:48:06 PM
Hahahahahaha you mad bro?
#12_SawyerPosted 2/8/2012 7:11:47 PM

So I can be called 20 different names for not being a 50? No thanks. I left that s*** back in Halo 3.

Then stay in social like he said. If you get mad that someone calls you names because you're not a certain number, then maybe you just should adjust your own oversensitivity.

With a 1-50 system, everyone gets what they want. Hardcore players have a proper ranking system with proper matching and leveling, and casual players can play with no ranks, to play for fun with nothing to gain or lose, just like in the entirety of the Reach matchmaking system.
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"Ya took my stuff"
#13HaganPosted 2/9/2012 2:03:57 PM
I thought the true skill ranking system in halo 3 was perfect, you win you level up you lose you derank.

I don't get the rank system in gears or cod, seems pretty stupid to me. Get exp level up, lose... nothing happens...? So basically your level was an indication of your time spent playing/abusing.
---
XBL GT= illidan z
#14SpiduxUnlimitedPosted 2/9/2012 3:57:59 PM
Yeah, but the H3 system was buggy as hell. You wouldn't level up from winning sometimes, but would derank for losing all of the time. How can you win 4 games, don't level up, but then lose one game and drop rank?
---
With my middle finger up I'm sayin **** how you feel
In my hand there's a blunt and my system there's a pill--D-Lo
#15Gold_SonPosted 2/9/2012 5:25:31 PM
I just fear people getting so attached to it, that they cheat for it again...

Standby -_-
#16SpiduxUnlimitedPosted 2/9/2012 6:53:07 PM
Which is why they should just ignore all the little kiddies out there and not include a ranking system of any kind. How is it a reflection of your skill if you either got a high level because you've played a long time or got a high level because you depend on other people?
---
With my middle finger up I'm sayin **** how you feel
In my hand there's a blunt and my system there's a pill--D-Lo
#17_SawyerPosted 2/9/2012 7:03:47 PM(edited)
^That's a legitimate concern. Or at least, it would be if everyone got to their level by depending on others. Depending on others to raise your rank happens no more than not being able to rank up because someone holds you back. And they both rarely happen to any extreme effect. See, the problems cancel each other out, so it works. Again, just like the TC suggested, stick to Social if you don't like the idea of ranks. There would be no ranks there and everyone gets what they want, so stop being a baby (that goes for anyone suggesting no rank system, not just you).
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"Ya took my stuff"
#18jakethenoobPosted 2/10/2012 12:34:39 PM
and none of the CODs scared Reach into a number system

That's bull**** and you know it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWfBeR4vdys
#19TwoDrinkMikePosted 2/10/2012 8:29:02 PM
Who cares about the ranking system? Whatever system yields the least cheaters is the one I want most. The only thing more pathetic than someone who brags about an online video game ranking is someone who cheats to get it. This topic represents everything that is wrong with the Halo community.
---
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh7rekuKQR1qdtbqko1_500.gif