What if we had a 1-50 rank system that reset every 6 months?

#11RedheadedPantsPosted 2/15/2012 1:56:07 AM
A full reset but if you were in a top division you play those people only to get it back as if you were still that skill
People who buy accounts would lose it and not be able to get it back
---
I'm no Superman
GT - Thumbserelly NOT RedheadedPants
#12MageofBlood391Posted 2/16/2012 5:34:54 PM

I don't get why we can't have a number system and a rank system (the rank system should not take years to level up though, it should be more or less the same speed as BF3).

Like, you could be a Recruit level 50, or a Lt. Colonel level 50. The rank is tied to playtime and credits, while the number is tied to skill.

This is the best idea that I've ever seen for this issue. The level isn't just for matching people up for good games, like Bungie and some people seem to think. It's a legacy thing, and it's a competition thing. To me, trying to get to 50 before my friends or staying at a 50 or getting a bunch of them is more competitive than any actual game could be. It's like climbing to the top of the mountain. Even if that mountain's existence isn't for climbing, it's a euphoric feeling when you get there anyway.
---
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
#13Hasani777Posted 2/17/2012 6:04:00 AM
@McBrian that is exactly what they did with Halo 3 with the playlist experience. I personally did not care for it due to the fact that the experience tied into what it took to go up or down ranks.
---
XBL GT: TheGuardians777
#14MC_Brian1Posted 2/17/2012 6:57:01 PM
Hasani777 posted...
@McBrian that is exactly what they did with Halo 3 with the playlist experience. I personally did not care for it due to the fact that the experience tied into what it took to go up or down ranks.

Yeah it's almost the same thing, but now you'd have a fancy rank and new armor along with the rank level ups.
---
Why do you believe that Majora is a female? - BlueGunstarHero
Majora's emotions came out through the Skull Kid - BadDecisions
#15help1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2012 5:18:57 PM
MageofBlood391 posted...
I don't get why we can't have a number system and a rank system (the rank system should not take years to level up though, it should be more or less the same speed as BF3).

Like, you could be a Recruit level 50, or a Lt. Colonel level 50. The rank is tied to playtime and credits, while the number is tied to skill.
This is the best idea that I've ever seen for this issue. The level isn't just for matching people up for good games, like Bungie and some people seem to think. It's a legacy thing, and it's a competition thing. To me, trying to get to 50 before my friends or staying at a 50 or getting a bunch of them is more competitive than any actual game could be. It's like climbing to the top of the mountain. Even if that mountain's existence isn't for climbing, it's a euphoric feeling when you get there anyway.

FINALLY, someone who understands :)

Also, I like the idea that if ranks get reset, they still take into account some type of skill level so that level 50's aren't demolishing level 1s. I must say, when ranks were reset in Halo 2, it was always REALLY REALLY fun.
---
# of people who have said "Hi help1!" to me on Gamefaqs: 5
Last person to say hi: Slayer_22 and white_thief
#16Azix_VoltairePosted 2/18/2012 10:50:52 PM

cpo335 posted...

_Sawyer posted...
How about waiting until player hits 50, then let them decide on whether or not to reset it if the want to re-achieve. For any people that want to re-achieve levels they've already gotten even though there's more ahead to achieve, 343 should just give military ranks (same as Reach) to Social playlists. That way, anyone that doesn't want to put the effort in to get a higher level can still keeping ranking up in Social. Everyone wins.
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"Ya took my stuff"

No, no prestige whatsoever. Halo doesn't need features from CoD to make it good. Just keep it the way it is.

CoD is bad, Reach is bad :l /rant.....Halo 2/3 rank/skill system that's all we need

#17lderivedxPosted 2/20/2012 10:21:52 AM

This would be a very bad idea. I wouldn't want to be a level 1 and wreck kids that just started the game. Already have to do that in Reach against people that just started playing the game due to terrible TruSkill formula.

This.
---
I bet you're one of those people who ruin my mainslaying by going -15 so stop saying that other people ruin gaming.-im r awful
gt:i derive dx
#18tubb311Posted 2/23/2012 11:00:38 AM
this is a terrible idea, they just need to bring back the Halo 3 1-50 skill rating and add it to the Reach Cr system.
---
"Destroy a mouse ATV during Sexy Kitten Yamgasm." Might be the most awesomely nonsensical sentence I've ever read. - XSNFan v2