This game's existence irks me

#1royicPosted 3/5/2012 8:27:21 PM
Ending credits of Halo Reach

"that's it guys! Halo is all over! Nooo more Halo games are going to happen but thanks for all your support! What a ride this was, we're glad that it's had a good conclusion like this though!"

-Love, Bungie

a few days later

"Alright! Who's up for Halo 4!"
-Microsoft
---
GT: Ducksaws
going off topic? www.speakeasyclinic.com
#2mr_rush101Posted 3/5/2012 8:28:47 PM
Well that was Bungie saying their goodbyes for their last Halo game.
---
I'm the best
#3jakethenoobPosted 3/5/2012 8:32:03 PM
But they made 2 more after that
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWfBeR4vdys
#4mr_rush101Posted 3/5/2012 8:34:51 PM
jakethenoob posted...
But they made 2 more after that
Which ones?
---
I'm the best
#5SR71haloPosted 3/5/2012 8:41:45 PM
Halo Reach was just Bungie's last Halo game, not the last Halo game period. It was quite clear long before Reach that it was not the last Halo game (especially if you sat through Halo 3's credits in legendary).
---
Zombies are like sprinkles, they make everything sweeter!
#6_SawyerPosted 3/5/2012 8:46:12 PM
TC, is that a direct quote? Because that could be very misleading since Bungie never said that beforehand.
---
Teh Real Dejkha
"I don't know why everyone is on your side but when I see and ass i point them out. And you friend, is a big ass" - Rizz02125 to me
#7metroidman92Posted 3/5/2012 9:08:30 PM
It was Bungie's last game with Chief's arc. ODST was a side project to Reach, which they wanted to be their farewell game.
---
Taking an arrow in the knee almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
#8Turtlemayor333Posted 3/5/2012 9:16:06 PM
Reach should have been the game that pissed you off.

ODST was just a side thing but Reach actively hurt my opinion of the whole franchise. The Phantom Menace of Halo.
---
Put the ball in the Baskett
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/84/ocelotpartyll1.gif
#9metroidman92Posted 3/6/2012 12:40:12 AM
Turtlemayor333 posted...
Reach should have been the game that pissed you off.

ODST was just a side thing but Reach actively hurt my opinion of the whole franchise. The Phantom Menace of Halo.

Yeah, in hindsight it wasn't that great. The books made the Fall of Reach out to be this massive blow to the UNSC, but the game itself makes it look so watered down. Half the things in the game could've been prevented, not to mention the inclusion of SIII's tore the canon a new one.
---
Taking an arrow in the knee almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter...
#10royic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2012 11:39:04 AM
Reach just gave me the message that they wanted Halo to have some nice closure to it but they couldn't go forward from Halo 3. Now they're just reopening a series that has nowhere else to go simply for money. I mean what are they going to do now? Fight global warming?
---
GT: Ducksaws
going off topic? www.speakeasyclinic.com