Anyone else shocked that Halo 4 is coming out this year?

#1a_fartn_SpartanPosted 3/7/2012 7:50:18 PM
I know I was. And that was a **** good trailer/video. It made it look like 343 was really working hard to make this game great IMO.

I honestly wasn't expecting this to come out in 2012. I mean I never really thought about it, but still. I know this will make a lot of you mad, but I hope the next CoD sucks so I'm not tempted to buy it when this game is out. Hopefully this will satisfy my hunger for an online FPS.

I guess one last thing. Do you want custom armor in this game again? Because honestly, the best part of Reach was as soon as you started up your game, you could make some BA custom Spartan. As an overall disappointing game, that was one thing they did right. I guess Firefight too, but I don't really like any Survival game-modes. In any game (or at least FPS) really.
---
Not changing this sig until a Star Fox game is out for the Wii U.
If you're a Star Fox fan, and want a new game, put this in your sig.
#2Blade_Runner_07Posted 3/7/2012 7:56:40 PM

The best thing about Reach was customization and options.

I would much rather see this in 2013 as I think they have only been working on it for a little over 2 years by release. Halo's gameplay foundation as a series as more solid than any FPS out there. They have been improving on a formula for 10 years.

I have plenty faith but sometimes a little extra time is the difference between a buggy game in desperate need of a patch at launch and a solid game in need of a few tweaks. Hell, maybe 343i is made up of devs that are just that good and passionate and that's all the time they need. Time will tell. 

#3SniperFire17Posted 3/7/2012 10:52:09 PM

Do we even know how long they have been working on it? 

This could have been in development a year before Reach came out which would equal 3 years.

#4Turo602Posted 3/9/2012 1:11:34 PM
SniperFire17 posted...
Do we even know how long they have been working on it? This could have been in development a year before Reach came out which would equal 3 years.

Funny you say that. It has actually been confirmed to be in development for 3 years.
#5Famine_10f4Posted 3/9/2012 1:22:03 PM

343's team is also a big one, it makes sense that they could finish the game under 3 years.

#6joshua_nashPosted 3/9/2012 1:24:45 PM
not really, but i am shocked they are not doing a beta for MP, i hope that whatever 343 is doing with this game sets the bar higher then its ever been set before
---
PLEDGED OF SHIELD AND SWORN TO WAR
GT: joshua nash
#7TIGERPOKEMONPosted 3/9/2012 2:52:28 PM
343 has said they have been working on this game for three years. Well O'Connor has anyways.
---
(TDPS) The Dedicated Portable Society - Stand together for the general promotion of dedicated portables and the quality software they provide us. {3DS}
#8DruffPosted 3/9/2012 3:29:25 PM
I thought 343 said it was to be released in 2012 a long time ago. Maybe I dreamt it.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#9Hasani777Posted 3/9/2012 7:14:26 PM
This game was in development in 2009 if I remember correctly. And 2012 had been planned as the release year since the first teaser trailer.
---
XBL GT: TheGuardians777
#10a_fartn_Spartan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2012 5:05:52 PM
Oh dang. That's good if it's been 3 years. I mean (just as a really, really *probably* bad example,) Melee came out just 2 years after the original Super Smash Bros, and it's considered one of the best games ever.

I pray this game is a masterpiece. Halo used to be the big FPS title out there, and I'd love to see the series that made me get a Gamertag claim back their title and be the official "CoD killer." It also helps that the newest CoD is made by 3arc (most people don't like them as much as Infinity Ward), and they're only taking a MAXIMUM of 2 years on their game, my guess is less.

I want this game to meet up to my expectations for Reach that were bitterly not met. My #1 hope for this game is lots of good maps. I think that's what Reach's downfall was. It was fun at first, until you felt like you were playing the same thing over and over again.
---
Not changing this sig until a Star Fox game is out for the Wii U.
If you're a Star Fox fan, and want a new game, put this in your sig.