reach was my least favourite campaign

#1UjigumPosted 3/8/2012 5:38:19 PM
halo ce i feel had the most atmospheric campaign, where u truly felt isolated in a completely unknown world (almost felt like a metroid game)

halo 2 was great, added more depth and unique settings for a halo game - this campaign was truly awesome

halo 3 may not have been as great as the previous two with some missions dragging on a bit and having less interesting visuals, it was perhaps the most epic of the trilogy

halo reach's campaign is good, but it also drags on a bit too much. also i dont like how u feel like you are just another soldier on the front line rather than an epic spartan. the isolation felt in the previous games is gone and it feels like the campaign has adopted ideas and features from other fps shooters which focus on special forces or soldiers in general

halo 4 i hope will bring back the isolation felt by master chief in the first two (3 sort of) games - i hope that this mysterious planet in the trailer is going to feel like a whole new world that we know nothing of. what i really would hate to see is that halo 4 is just lots and lots of soldiers and linear objectives with no sense of exploration.

(not including halo 3 odst cos it doesnt focus on spartans - i did like that campaign however - was eerie and atmospheric with a sense of exploration)

p.s. if u havent already gathered i like metroid games
---
recovering skooma addict
#2darkmaian23Posted 3/8/2012 7:52:46 PM
I agree wholeheartedly.
#3TwoDrinkMikePosted 3/8/2012 9:22:55 PM
I agree about the isolation feeling in Halo CE being really good. The gameplay itself, though, is not up to par with the later Halo games. Halo 2 had an excellent story, but again, the gameplay itself is very repetitive and oftentimes dull. Halo 3 had much less repetitive areas than the previous games, but it still did not have the variety in gameplay that was found in Reach. Although I also was not a fan of Reach's atmosphere, in that it was not as 'isolated' and 'alien' as the others, the actual gameplay was definitely the best of the series.
---
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh7rekuKQR1qdtbqko1_500.gif
#4Famine_10f4Posted 3/8/2012 10:14:00 PM

I was immensely disappointed by Halo Reach's campaign...

The destruction of the planet wasn't all that noticeable; I felt it took a back seat which is sad because it could have really been great for progression with visuals. The first Halo game did this well with the human forces becoming less and less, and of course the Flood really changing the entire mood of the game.

Then there was Noble team which had some interesting characters but again I felt it wasn't all there. They were rarely more than 2 at a time and *spoilers*... Their deaths were some of the most anti climatic and non emotional deaths I have ever seen from a game.

It was fun having the Elites back and some moments like storming the beach to the Sabers, but overal it felt like it was lacking.

#5EzlabPosted 3/9/2012 2:28:42 AM

*spoilers*... Their deaths were some of the most anti climatic and non emotional deaths I have ever seen from a game.

Kat, yeah definitely.

Carter and Jorge? Bro what you smokin?
---
BlazeP/colormecrazy | Gamertag: YHofSuburbia
Picture perfect, that's what it seems. They've got this whole thing figured out, but not me.
#6allsomePosted 3/9/2012 7:58:16 AM
In case TC doesn't know, Warthogs are in the campaign, and this can be seen in one of the screenshots in the First Look video. This means that the UNSC will have a presence in the game. Either that, or the Warthogs came from the half of the Forward Unto Dawn that Master Chief is in.

Also, the Covenant is CONFIRMED to be in the campaign, so a sense of what TC said will be felt in the campaign, well, if the Covenant will be like it is in other games where they have large numbers in one specific area.
---
Member of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#7xHughJasxPosted 3/9/2012 8:39:13 AM
I just love how when Halo 2 came out. People SMASHED the campaign. Just absolutely smashed it to bits. Hated the Arby parts, HATED the ending. Hated the Legendary Jackal snipers. ect...But now they love it and they HATE Reach. When Halo 5 comes out. People will LOVE Halo Reach's campaign. Watching people as a whole evolve is tiring. Make your own opinions, stop following the leader.
---
"Hugh is the most reasonable person i've seen on gamefaqs in a while. It's refreshing." -Hardsix.
#8darksolgamerPosted 3/9/2012 9:57:12 AM
xHughJasx posted...
I just love how when Halo 2 came out. People SMASHED the campaign. Just absolutely smashed it to bits. Hated the Arby parts, HATED the ending. Hated the Legendary Jackal snipers. ect...But now they love it and they HATE Reach. When Halo 5 comes out. People will LOVE Halo Reach's campaign. Watching people as a whole evolve is tiring. Make your own opinions, stop following the leader.

It doesn't matter how much time passes, Halo 2's ending still sucks. I do think that Reach gets a lot more hate than it should and that it'll get better with time. ODST got a lot of hate when it was released, and I notice not as many people complaining about it now...but that's probably because they moved on to Reach
---
"I'm gonna pay him a...what do you call it? A beating! Yeah, I'm gonna pay him a beating!"
#9fon1988Posted 3/9/2012 10:48:34 AM
"halo 2 was great, added more depth and unique settings for a halo game - this campaign was truly awesome"

I agree with everything you said TC except for this statement. I think this is the weakest campaign of any of the Halo games. I didn't like playing as the arbiter and I hated the cliff hanger ending.
#10That1GuyyPosted 3/9/2012 11:03:08 AM
xHughJasx posted...

I thought Halo 2 had a worse campaign than CE when it came out, I thought it was the worst when Halo 3 came out, and I still do now.

Halo 2's campaign was fun, but it was by far the worst.

Reach is tied with CE, 3 is the best, ODST is behind everything but 2. Storywise, ODST may be a step up from the rest, but the gameplay brings it down.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.