Rated Mature

#1Famine_10f4Posted 3/9/2012 1:36:31 PM

Now I'm not saying I want Chief to be wiping blood and guts off his visor every after every encounter but does anyone else feel that some light gore or more violence would benefit the experience?

Personally speaking Halo is far from being an M rated game, the flood probably taking the bulk of it. I know many will say Halo doesn't need it which is fine, but I wouldn't mind a more darker narrative, be it with violence or themes.

#2SergioMach5Posted 3/9/2012 1:45:27 PM
Darker narratives does not necessarily mean buffing up the gore, but I do not want the mattel type of violence where spartan deaths are akin to lego or something
---
Delighted True Crime: Hong Kong is back in production as Sleeping Dogs!
#3TIGERPOKEMONPosted 3/9/2012 2:56:34 PM
I think Bungie said they tried to get it Mature so less children would piss people off. Obviously this didn't work.
---
(TDPS) The Dedicated Portable Society - Stand together for the general promotion of dedicated portables and the quality software they provide us. {3DS}
#4Famine_10f4(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2012 3:35:54 PM

TIGERPOKEMON posted...
I think Bungie said they tried to get it Mature so less children would piss people off. Obviously this didn't work.
---
(TDPS) The Dedicated Portable Society - Stand together for the general promotion of dedicated portables and the quality software they provide us. {3DS}

That seems like a really dumb reason to make your game rated M... In all honesty no would should try to go for a specific rating, do whatever you want to do to make the perfect game and if it  happens to be rated E, T, or M then go with it.

#5OMGitsnanoPosted 3/9/2012 10:45:47 PM

Well, I would like a more halo: CE-like environment, more dark and alien than the recent, colorful ones. But yeah a bit more blood would be good, maybe first person assassination animations? Like... Having a shotgun, running up to a grunt, pressing B and John kicks the grunt in the stomach and then shoots him in the face in a coup de grace or something.

#6supervegito24Posted 3/10/2012 6:22:33 PM
They said they were going to flesh out Cheif's character more. They could go into his childhood a little like the fall of reach book. Maybe, but not likely, they will open with something from his past.
---
"F***ing Mastepiece, if you dont buy it your children will hate you and you pet dog will piss in your bed." -King of Sweden, about Portal 2
#7ThewolfjackalPosted 3/12/2012 7:38:06 PM

Famine_10f4 posted...

TIGERPOKEMON posted...
---

That seems like a really dumb reason to make your game rated M... In all honesty no would should try to go for a specific rating, do whatever you want to do to make the perfect game and if it  happens to be rated E, T, or M then go with it.

You also forgot AE ;)

#8SR71haloPosted 3/12/2012 7:41:34 PM
Even though the blood of the elites or grunts were blue and purple, it's still blood. I'm betting that counts towards the M rating.
---
Zombies are like sprinkles, they make everything sweeter!