Anyone else hate the armor?

#11xHughJasxPosted 3/12/2012 9:55:30 AM
Is there anything in life that you like besides stuff Bungie makes TC? Got a negative Nancy over here.
---
"Hugh is the most reasonable person i've seen on gamefaqs in a while. It's refreshing." -Hardsix.
#12Blade_Runner_07Posted 3/12/2012 11:45:46 AM

The change from Halo:CE to Halo 2 was huge because it was an entirely new suit of armor (Mark VI) thus explaining things like the lack of a health meter. Halo 2 to Halo 3 was about the same but with an increased polygon count to make the armor more detailed on the Xbox 360 but pretty much the exact same look.

343i said there would be an explanation as to why Chief went into the pod looking like himself from Halo 2/3 and came out looking so different. I mean the helmet is the only thing recognizable from the old armor and even that has changed a bit. It better be a good one.

The Spartan IV's are wearing Mark VII armor and that is going to look very different from anything before. I you are worried about the look so much, keep in mind that a ton of it will be customizable like in Reach. All of this has been confirmed by 343i in the last week of so.

If they use nano technology to explain chiefs new look I will be disappointed. That's like the midiclorians in Star Wars. They cant just make crap up to keep the story from falling apart. Oh and that first trailer wasn't in-game and might not even be played out that way. Would be great if they show us the opening to the game at E3 with chief wearing his Halo 3 armor out of the pod and getting new armor or upgrading it later on.

#13Veteran_Ranger(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2012 12:21:54 PM
SrgtStalker posted...
It says in grasslands that while in cryo they have nanotechnology in the suits that improve them

Oh, ok :) I haven't made it that far yet (just started reading them a few months ago)
---
He flew pretty good for a brick!- Sgt. Johnson
This is the internet. Where different opinions are declarations of war. -TheGodofGamers
#14Veteran_Ranger(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2012 12:22:44 PM
My main issue is NOT chief. I have come to terms with the new look a lot in the last few days. I do however, HATE the SPartan IV look. It's just ugly.
---
This is the internet. Where different opinions are declarations of war. -TheGodofGamers
#15Blade_Runner_07Posted 3/12/2012 12:39:57 PM

What do you hate about the Mark VII armor?

If it's the shoulders, chest, or helmet I would put half the money I have to my name down on the possibility that you will be able to change those three sections of the armor to your liking. 

#16appleturnover87Posted 3/12/2012 12:58:41 PM
I think the new look is badass personally.
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#17Veteran_Ranger(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2012 3:45:17 PM
The helmets look familiar. Dead Space maybe? It just kinda irks me.
---
#18GrimHeroPosted 3/13/2012 9:05:28 AM

The change from Halo:CE to Halo 2 was huge because it was an entirely new suit of armor (Mark VI) thus explaining things like the lack of a health meter. Halo 2 to Halo 3 was about the same but with an increased polygon count to make the armor more detailed on the Xbox 360 but pretty much the exact same look.
343i said there would be an explanation as to why Chief went into the pod looking like himself from Halo 2/3 and came out looking so different. I mean the helmet is the only thing recognizable from the old armor and even that has changed a bit. It better be a good one.
The Spartan IV's are wearing Mark VII armor and that is going to look very different from anything before. I you are worried about the look so much, keep in mind that a ton of it will be customizable like in Reach. All of this has been confirmed by 343i in the last week of so.
If they use nano technology to explain chiefs new look I will be disappointed. That's like the midiclorians in Star Wars. They cant just make crap up to keep the story from falling apart. Oh and that first trailer wasn't in-game and might not even be played out that way. Would be great if they show us the opening to the game at E3 with chief wearing his Halo 3 armor out of the pod and getting new armor or upgrading it later on.

In bold is what I hope for. Also, I really don't care for the Mark VII helmets, but you know you will get to change it, so it doesn't bother me all that much.
---
GT: huzzaa v1
PSN: huzzaa_v1
#19TheRedRussianPosted 3/13/2012 6:52:36 PM
still looks like good ol' master chief to me... from what we've seen, the game in general looks very halo-like, even more so than reach...

no need to be so skeptical over changes that most people will overlook.
---
GT in sig