Do want want Elites to return for multiplayer?

#1DelkuraPosted 3/10/2012 9:28:04 PM

Like in H2 and H3 were Elites were aesthetic and there for variety. I would like to see them return myself, but NOT like in Halo: Reach with the Invasion and them being in only certain modes and not being able to choose them.

I wouldn't mind seeing a third type of avatar added as well, as long as it's balanced.

#2CitadelSecurityPosted 3/10/2012 9:35:52 PM
Yes. My halo reach character is a unicorn and it annoys me that people never get to see it.
---
Or maybe not.
GT: Lithik0r
#3Hasani777Posted 3/10/2012 9:46:48 PM
No, definitely not. Plus, if they are trying to incorporate story into multi, it probably won't go along with it.
---
XBL GT: TheGuardians777
#4The Rogue CobraPosted 3/10/2012 10:55:34 PM
Definitely.
---
It takes more than a costume and an attitude to do this work. - Batman
I'm crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS, NOOOOO thank you! - The Joker
#5TwinmoldPosted 3/10/2012 11:58:37 PM
No, now that they are no longer in multiplayer, their character models looks so much better. They're fierce looking now instead of looking like hunched-backed-lobsters.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#6Delkura(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2012 12:16:31 AM

Twinmold posted...
No, now that they are no longer in multiplayer, their character models looks so much better. They're fierce looking now instead of looking like hunched-backed-lobsters.

What do you mean? They are still in multiplayer, just in a different sense.

#7Lawfish66Posted 3/11/2012 2:25:43 AM
If we are going to be making multiplayer canoninized, then no, unless the Elites will be fighting/aiding the SPARTAN's again.
---
Not changing sig until Derpy Hooves Incident is squashed
#8TwinmoldPosted 3/11/2012 10:12:27 AM
What do you mean?

They are in multiplayer, but only in specific gametypes. They have much different hitboxes being bigger than Spartans. Nobody in their right mind would pick an Elite as it's essentially massively handicapping yourself.
---
#9Spartan_418Posted 3/11/2012 12:52:03 PM

Twinmold posted...
What do you mean?

They are in multiplayer, but only in specific gametypes. They have much different hitboxes being bigger than Spartans. Nobody in their right mind would pick an Elite as it's essentially massively handicapping yourself.

The Elites in Halo 2 and 3 had the exact same hitboxes as the Spartans, that's why multiplayer Elites were shorter and more hunched-over than the ones in the campaign. 

#10TwinmoldPosted 3/11/2012 1:12:44 PM
that's why multiplayer Elites were shorter and more hunched-over than the ones in the campaign.

They were the same in campaign and in multiplayer, and have been in every game featuring them in multiplayer.

The Elites in Halo 2 and 3 had the exact same hitboxes

Same size, but the Elite's head hitbox was placed farther forwards in Halo 3 which made shooting at their head from the front easier, and consequently shooting at their head from behind much harder.

If the Elite's are going to be in this game, they should be sticking with the awesome design from Reach. They actually looked fearsome.
---