Halo 4 should be a shooter RPG.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Halo 4 should be a shooter RPG.

User Info: NotoriousLynx88

NotoriousLynx88
4 years ago#11
I'm just a multiplayer guy; only finished 3 and reach for the multiplayer rewards, to be honest. The story and settings are great, but I feel like the only diverse missions require driving a new vehicle.

Most of the time, the only single player games I enjoy are RPGs or barrow RPG elements. I can totally see Halo being.a shooter rpg, from my knowledge of the game. However, not being very in tuned with the story, I couldnt really come up with ideas to make it different then any other game.

User Info: fon1988

fon1988
4 years ago#12
So basically you are saying that you love Halo but it's too boring and you want to change the gameplay up completely. I can feel the love.

User Info: Born_Stellar

Born_Stellar
4 years ago#13

yet another example of bad constructive criticism.

User Info: joshua_nash

joshua_nash
4 years ago#14
Born_Stellar has a Mass Effect you sir are correct at least when it comes to the first game, great story very dull game play, the second game was basically a Gears of War gameplay rip-off with very,very,very,very watered down rpg mechanics, and the third game well i have it and am very,very,very,very,very hesitant to play it cause i feel like bioware is going to screw me over

but basically i had the same thought as the TC until i realized that it just wouldn't work within the already established lore of the series, you could probably get a away with a halo rpg focused on an covenant elite as the main character, but you most certainly couldn't do a halo rpg focusing on the Master Chief or any SPARTAN for that matter as the main character, it would just feel stupid and cliche, which imo those are the 2 things that you should never feel when playing a halo game, so the though of a halo rpg on paper sounds and looks nice but in actual practice would probably be either a low point or spell the end of the franchise
PLEDGED OF SHIELD AND SWORN TO WAR
GT: joshua nash

User Info: Thewolfjackal

Thewolfjackal
4 years ago#15

derpyfoot posted...
It's such a great hybrid genre. If it's just an FPS I won't even get it; I love the Halo series, but I've never beaten a single game because they're so boring. Picture it playing a little more like Mass Effect or Deus Ex.
---
Obama (*) Biden 2012
Hope for America

-clears throat-  ....... HELL NO!!!

User Info: SeahorseCpt89

SeahorseCpt89
4 years ago#16
There are already plenty of shooter/RPG hybrids to choose from (Mass Effect 1-3, Fallout 3/NV, Deus Ex, etc.). We don't need to turn Halo into one.
Zombies are like sprinkles, they make everything sweeter!

User Info: NotoriousLynx88

NotoriousLynx88
4 years ago#17
Halo was going to be turned into an MMO at one point. I'm not saying it has a chance of becoming an RPG, but it does have enough (well, more then enough) in-universe information to be easily constructed into an RPG. You can easily transform the spartan system into an RPG character system. I don't understand why people would hate that idea. It also breathes new life into the series, much like what Halo Wars tried to do. I'm not a Halo story fan, but it seems logical; I heard the story-line is actually has a lot of depth, also.

User Info: EmperorLinkX

EmperorLinkX
4 years ago#18
halo should never be a RPG shooter. it just wouldn't be halo. but i think i a tactical squad-based shooter might work.
Death to Gnomes and Murlocs!
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Halo 4 should be a shooter RPG.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived