Hope this game has a first-person POV cam in theater.

#1fineline122Posted 3/11/2012 7:59:40 PM
This is something that was drastically missing in H3, a first-person point-of-view camera for other players in theater. I found watching film of other players in H3 made my game better, but it would really help if it added the first-person camera. Good for learning how others aim and whatnot. Not sure why it wasn't included in H3 since it seems like such an obvious inclusion.
#2appleturnover87Posted 3/11/2012 8:08:28 PM
I know they couldn't do it in 3 but I don't know the technical reasons behind it. I don't know how possible it even is.
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#3littlebro07Posted 3/11/2012 8:13:12 PM
Did anyone notice that if you watched a player that was no where near you, the video would be really laggy? Made it hard to watch others occasionally.

It was better in Reach but still happened
---
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/volcaitlin/gifs/dancning.gif
#4xTreefiddy350xPosted 3/11/2012 8:21:22 PM
littlebro07 posted...
Did anyone notice that if you watched a player that was no where near you, the video would be really laggy? Made it hard to watch others occasionally.

It was better in Reach but still happened

I noticed this when I had nobody in the party watching it with me. Which may explain why it was better in Reach because nobody could watch it with me.

But I do remember lagging into another persons POV a few times in Halo 3. Their POV would be really laggy though. Did this happen to anybody else? It RARELY happened.
#5fineline122(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2012 8:29:38 PM
I figured there was a good chance they didn't include it for technical reasons, but you can see your own play from first-person POV, so it doesn't seem like it would be that big a deal to include other players.
#6That1GuyyPosted 3/12/2012 9:06:14 AM
I think some of the technical reasons stem from the fact that your recent history saves the game data that was sent to your Xbox or originated from your Xbox. The game wouldn't send another players' point of view to your Xbox because your Xbox doesn't need to know that information, only the server does. I don't think the server actually saves any data, so the only record of the match (other than postgame) is what's on your Xbox.

Thus, to get other player's point of view, you would have to request the data from that player's Xbox, which isn't going to happen. The only way it would happen would be if every point of view was saved to the server for later use by any involved party of that game, which would take up a lot of space.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#7fineline122(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2012 3:42:17 PM
I never tried, but could you view your game on first-person POV cam on bungie's website?
#8SergioMach5Posted 3/12/2012 8:34:21 PM
fineline122 posted...
you can see your own play from first-person POV, so it doesn't seem like it would be that big a deal to include other players.
---
Delighted True Crime: Hong Kong is back in production as Sleeping Dogs!
#9RedheadedPantsPosted 3/13/2012 2:48:54 AM
That1Guyy posted...
I think some of the technical reasons stem from the fact that your recent history saves the game data that was sent to your Xbox or originated from your Xbox. The game wouldn't send another players' point of view to your Xbox because your Xbox doesn't need to know that information, only the server does. I don't think the server actually saves any data, so the only record of the match (other than postgame) is what's on your Xbox.

Thus, to get other player's point of view, you would have to request the data from that player's Xbox, which isn't going to happen. The only way it would happen would be if every point of view was saved to the server for later use by any involved party of that game, which would take up a lot of space.

Your game gets their direction and movement updates. Not as smooth as you view your own but kind of there
It was possible to glitch into another persons view, but its not perfect
It must be what your xbox was told they saw so the movements choppy

I could imagine that bungie included it then realised it wouldnt look smooth so they took it out
---
I'm no Superman
GT - Thumbserelly NOT RedheadedPants