Honestly, I'm a bit skeptical about this game

#1Skyguard117Posted 3/12/2012 4:50:16 AM
The previous Halo games were developed by Bungie and they were always good. Now, 343 Industries is developing Halo 4. This is the first time that they are gonna make a game, not an app (Halo waypoint) or remake (Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary).

There were a few games that I can think of that were handed to a new developer and they either suck or is good but not as good as the ones made by the previous developer. I'm a bit worried about that. I understand that they made a map pack for Reach, but I don't know if they will do well in making their own game.
#2fineline122Posted 3/12/2012 5:44:21 AM
Reach was not good.
#3yppoIsPosted 3/12/2012 10:12:39 AM
Skyguard117 posted...
The previous Halo games were developed by Bungie and they were always good.

lmao
---
XBL: SSloppy tweet tweet @BJMoulton I HATE FOREIGN HOSTS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYLMBz6Y5Lw
#4Famine_10f4Posted 3/12/2012 10:18:42 AM

I only liked Halo 1 and 2... Reach was okay for multiplayer, not the best, but okay.

After #2 the campaign and story just sucked.

#5rhcp4llfePosted 3/12/2012 10:38:55 AM
I seriously don't know how there are still people out there who don't know the core of 343 industries is made up of Bungie vets. They have the same vision and connection with the Halo series as the entire Bungie team had. Its not a whole new developing team. The guys at 343 have been involved in the entire series. I'm sure they'll do the same thing Bungie would do.
#6Blade_Runner_07Posted 3/12/2012 11:31:55 AM

343i isn't completely made up of Bungie vets but definitly Halo vets. All of these people are passionate about the series and they love coming to work to expand upon an awesome franchise that defines FPS games. They know they are the sh!t right now.

The new guys don't thank their lucky stars every day becausethey landed a job in a company that is developing a Halo game, they came to 343i for Halo. They arnt doing this for there resume. They people doing it for that left a long time ago. 

343i probably have a test in there aplications that asks questions pertaining to the series so they know if they are hiringa fan or just some aspiring developer looking for a job. They hire the fans because they know what the fans want. The next three Halo games are going to be different from the previous but will include pieces of everything that makes Halo great.

#7appleturnover87Posted 3/12/2012 12:55:07 PM
I would be more worried about Bungie doing halo 4 than 343. 343 actually acknowledged the fact that Reach blew chunks and did some damage control in an attempt to make it playable while still working on this, whereas Bungie went into deep denial and let their last Halo die horribly. 343 seems to really be excited about this and genuinely care about making this game as badass as it needs to be. My only concern is them getting too ambitious with it.
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#8autobot480Posted 3/12/2012 1:39:47 PM
Didn't 343 make Halo Wars? I know that isn't an FPS but still
---
I may or may not be wearing socks at this moment in time.
#9appleturnover87Posted 3/12/2012 1:50:11 PM
autobot480 posted...
Didn't 343 make Halo Wars? I know that isn't an FPS but still

Nope, Ensemble Studios.
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#10Mike_VanderzandPosted 3/12/2012 2:09:08 PM

Reach was not good.

^
---
Walshy knows I'm a BEAST, PROOF:http://youtu.be/_YJ_OTU3-EQ
Sub my channel: http://www.youtube.com/mikevanderzand