So, anyone else hope that Forge gets a major improvement?

#1Xfma100Posted 3/12/2012 5:24:44 PM
I mean, there are a lot of things that they could do to improve Forge.

What's one thing you would want them to improve on or add to Forge?

Personally, I would like to them to add different textures and colors to objects, so we can get more different Forge maps than the simple gray maps over and over.

Another thing they should do is add more natural objects to Forge, such as trees and other foilage.

Then, I know this probably won't happen, but does anyone else want them to add a tool similar to something in games like Zoo Tycoon or Roller Coaster Tycoon where you can edit the ground to the way you want it?
For example, you can add water, raise/lower the ground, change the texture of the ground (Like from grass to dirt for example), etc.

So, what do you guys want them to add or improve upon in Forge?
#2SergioMach5Posted 3/12/2012 6:55:54 PM
Xfma100 posted...
I would like to them to add different textures and colors to objects, so we can get more different Forge maps than the simple gray maps over and over.

A big flaw with the Forge world design for multiplayer matchmaking. If it had more colours/textures (like from sandbox or foundry) It would have prevented a lot of the player fatigue I experienced in Reach. Only so many gray building block maps in a forested area I can play before it feels the same.

Perhaps a sky colour choice, or night/day settings?
---
Delighted True Crime: Hong Kong is back in production as Sleeping Dogs!
#3SR71haloPosted 3/12/2012 7:32:44 PM
-A copy/paste feature (I HATE trying to set up a block in the exact same position when making something like a floor or a wall)
-Night/Day setting
-Terrain setting (snowy, grassland, desert, etc.)
-Change color of blocks and other structures
-More natural objects (trees, bushes, etc.)

All of these would be nice, but I would especially like the copy/paste feature. It would make building much more convenient.
---
Zombies are like sprinkles, they make everything sweeter!
#4Xfma100(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2012 7:56:32 PM
SR71halo posted...
-A copy/paste feature (I HATE trying to set up a block in the exact same position when making something like a floor or a wall)
-Night/Day setting
-Terrain setting (snowy, grassland, desert, etc.)
-Change color of blocks and other structures
-More natural objects (trees, bushes, etc.)

All of these would be nice, but I would especially like the copy/paste feature. It would make building much more convenient.

Oh yeah, a copy/paste feature would be fantastic!

Oh, and to add onto the list of ideas:
-Things such as ladders, opening/closing doors, and switches. (Yes, there are some form of switches, but I want an object that is meant to be pressed to do something for instance, and it would be much easier than "switches" in Forge right now.)
-Move more than one object feature. (For example if you want to move all of your forge objects at once, or a certain number of objects at once, instead of just one object at a time.)

And then something that probably won't happen, but:
-Being able to make Firefight maps with Forge. Or some form of customizing Firefight maps.
#5littlebro07Posted 3/12/2012 8:05:35 PM
Different forge worlds.

Forerunner, like Reach, then maybe a city type one and a wilderness one.
---
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/volcaitlin/gifs/dancning.gif
#6SergioMach5Posted 3/12/2012 8:27:16 PM
Ladders isn't within the realms of impossibilty, maybe they will be put in some form? And if not there is still the grav lifts suppose.
Not a fan of the switch idea, something about it feels more complex than forge could handle, though I would like something similar to the Zanzibar/Last resort Door switch
---
Delighted True Crime: Hong Kong is back in production as Sleeping Dogs!
#7Xfma100(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2012 8:30:07 PM
SergioMach5 posted...
Ladders isn't within the realms of impossibilty, maybe they will be put in some form? And if not there is still the grav lifts suppose.
Not a fan of the switch idea, something about it feels more complex than forge could handle, though I would like something similar to the Zanzibar/Last resort Door switch

That's what I was thinking about when I said switches.
Nothing too complex, mainly just opening/closing doors or activating/deactivating grav lifts for example.
#8duanethedondonPosted 3/12/2012 11:31:13 PM
i would like to be able to lock pieces together
like get a good hallway done and then lock it so you can move it as one piece, or not accidentally move it at all
---
"using the rhetoric of trolls is not the way, and it doesn't persuade me."
#9NotoriousLynx88Posted 3/13/2012 12:05:23 AM
Copy/Paste Feature - Definitely want this and have a good feeling this is going to be another feature. It's a rather easy implement also. Using similar tools from Roller Coaster Tycoon is a great idea.

Terrain/Environmental Objects - The new Halo Reach maps have trees in forge, so I'm sure 343 will implement more of these, in addition to the rocks from Reach. I don't think Forge will ever become as in depth as the Far Cry map maker, unfortunately. (I've never actually played the game, but the map maker looks great, from what it can produce, at least.)

Change the Color of Blocks - I don't think we really need to change the terrain to make it snowy or desert. I'd rather just have blocks that change in that fashion, instead.
#10turtlej-manPosted 3/13/2012 2:40:32 AM
The ability to add decals or stickers to objects would be really cool too
---
If a Killer Instinct 3 is never made....AT LEAST PUT THE FIRST 2 ON XBLA!!!!!