Do you want....

#1FlufyW0lf3yPosted 3/13/2012 10:05:58 PM
The armor that you wear to affect the gameplay?

I always thought like in reach that if I have sniper rounds on my arm, I should have extra bullets for the sniper rifle. Or like for the gugnir helmet I should have a tiny bit more accuracy with some kind of limitation.

I feel like this would greatly impact the game and make it really fun. I know it would need stuff to be fixed so like the ultimate class isn't created but still, it would be really fun.
---
FC White: Claire 3267 4946 2393
#2SpiduxUnlimitedPosted 3/13/2012 10:11:40 PM
I don't know about accuracy enhancers or anything like that, but I would like a balanced system where certain armors have different strengths and weaknesses.
---
With my middle finger up I'm sayin **** how you feel
GT: SPIDUX
#3appleturnover87Posted 3/13/2012 10:13:03 PM
No no no no no.This is what I'm talking about when I say I hope 343 doesn't get too ambitious. I have no problem with innovation here and there to keep Halo up to date technology wise, but I don't want them to do all these risky experimental things with it. That's what happened with Reach and look how that turned out. Halo has an amazing formula that makes it great, and I would hate to see that changed for no good reason. Why can't all these ideas be put in a new project? Why do people insist on changing the things that make Halo Halo?
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#4SpiduxUnlimitedPosted 3/13/2012 10:29:40 PM
I definitely think that Halo should remain Halo in every way shape and form, it's just that I think if you have a different helmet or different armor you should have slightly different looks/abilities. I'm not talking anything big here that would drastically change the game; I was thinking that different helmets would grant different HUD layouts (completely customizing your HUD would be awesome too, but that's a different story) and different armors would grant small damage modifications (I.E. If you're wearing a EOD suit, you should naturally take more explosive damage, it doesn't have to be game changing but maybe a 2-5% offset while making the damage you take from plasma weapons does 2-5% more damage.)

I love the Halo universe, and I don't want to see it become like everything else, I just think if the Lore has given reasons for Spartans to wear these different armor sets it should translate into the game, if not on a small scale.

Just my two cents.
---
#5That1GuyyPosted 3/14/2012 8:17:24 AM
SpiduxUnlimited posted...
I Just my two cents.

Doing that is literally changing the Halo formula. Halo has always been about having each player be exactly the same, and the only thing that would ever affect the outcome of a game is pure skill.

By adding in these changes, they will either be so small that almost all are meaningless and we are left with only a few armor choices that anyone would actually use, or we end up being like Call of Duty where random chance factors into the game, because there is no way to know what armor set every player is using from the start of the game.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#6darksolgamerPosted 3/14/2012 8:27:30 AM
I would hope that 343i plays it safe for Halo 4, not experimenting too drastically with the gameplay. They still have 2 games to make after this one, and if they screw up bad and start losing fans because of poorly implemented changes....the franchise will be a sinking ship by Halo 5.
---
"I'm gonna pay him a...what do you call it? A beating! Yeah, I'm gonna pay him a beating!"
#7plincoln21Posted 3/14/2012 9:59:35 AM
armor modifiers are a great idea but if they can't be done with 100% accuracy and effectiveness 343 should hold off. better to release a solid title and show they can handle Halo rather than reach to far and fail
---
Talk to me Goose!
#8SpiduxUnlimitedPosted 3/14/2012 10:34:47 AM
plincoln21 posted...
armor modifiers are a great idea but if they can't be done with 100% accuracy and effectiveness 343 should hold off. better to release a solid title and show they can handle Halo rather than reach to far and fail

And see, more then anything this is what I want. I know just slapping in a system like I described in my earlier post won't turn out that great. I'm aware. It's just like I said, if there are all of these different Armors out there, shouldn't there be a little difference in them, even if it's negligible? But over all I would prefer a complete game that isn't a buggy mess over something that's more on the trivial side of things.
---
#9CitadelSecurityPosted 3/14/2012 10:43:40 AM
FlufyW0lf3y posted...
I know it would need stuff to be fixed so like the ultimate class isn't created but still, it would be really fun.

It was **** like this that got us Reach.
---
Or maybe not.
GT: Lithik0r
#10appleturnover87Posted 3/14/2012 10:58:23 AM
SpiduxUnlimited posted...
plincoln21 posted...

And see, more then anything this is what I want. I know just slapping in a system like I described in my earlier post won't turn out that great. I'm aware. It's just like I said, if there are all of these different Armors out there, shouldn't there be a little difference in them, even if it's negligible? But over all I would prefer a complete game that isn't a buggy mess over something that's more on the trivial side of things.

No, there shouldn't. Like the other guy said, Halo is about an even playing field, skill versus skill. As Luke Smith said in a Reach vidoc (ironic I know) "Two men enter, the better man leaves... the other is left respawning, and that's Halo." Something like that anyway. Point is no matter what your intentions are, the more variables you introduce to a game the more random it becomes. Randomness increase luck factor, and that is not something that should be a part of competitive multiplayer.
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?