Ideas for precision weapons?

#1COLL1NPosted 3/16/2012 5:07:46 PM
Magnum - No Zoom
Battle Rifle - 1 Zoom
DMR - 2 Zooms
Sniper - 3 ZOOMS OMG thats insane amunt of zooms!

what do you think?
#2SpiduxUnlimitedPosted 3/16/2012 5:27:15 PM
No.
No.
Not even in the game and NO.
Definitely No.
---
With my middle finger up I'm sayin **** how you feel
GT: SPIDUX
#3MC_Brian1Posted 3/16/2012 6:09:22 PM
SpiduxUnlimited posted...
No.
No.
Definitely No.

How do you know the DMR isn't in the game? Just curious.
---
Why do you believe that Majora is a female? - BlueGunstarHero
Majora's emotions came out through the Skull Kid - BadDecisions
#4SpiduxUnlimitedPosted 3/16/2012 6:14:33 PM
MC_Brian1 posted...
No.
No.
Definitely No.

Granted I'm working on just an assumption, but if the BR is confirmed why would the DMR be there too? Especially when we know the Magnums returning too (scoped, however, is unconfirmed so far I believe).
---
#5MC_Brian1Posted 3/16/2012 6:16:24 PM
MC_Brian1 posted...
No.
No.
Definitely No.

Granted I'm working on just an assumption, but if the BR is confirmed why would the DMR be there too? Especially when we know the Magnums returning too (scoped, however, is unconfirmed so far I believe).

DMR can be reworked. I remember reading a suggestion that it be a semi-power weapon, like the shotgun. It would work as a slow firing 3 shot kill weapon, used not quite at BR range but then not quite at Sniper range. It sounded like a great idea to me. Alternatively it can just return just as it was in Reach, and then we'll have more variety. Nothing wrong with variety and preference in a game, rather than everyone using the same gun.
---
Why do you believe that Majora is a female? - BlueGunstarHero
Majora's emotions came out through the Skull Kid - BadDecisions
#6SpiduxUnlimitedPosted 3/16/2012 6:46:04 PM
MC_Brian1 posted...
MC_Brian1 posted...
No.
No.
Definitely No.

DMR can be reworked. I remember reading a suggestion that it be a semi-power weapon, like the shotgun. It would work as a slow firing 3 shot kill weapon, used not quite at BR range but then not quite at Sniper range. It sounded like a great idea to me. Alternatively it can just return just as it was in Reach, and then we'll have more variety. Nothing wrong with variety and preference in a game, rather than everyone using the same gun.

But why would they need to do that when the pistol and shotgun cover close range, BR is awesome at mid-long range and the sniper is perfect for mid-long and extra long combat. Why is there a need for yet ANOTHER gun that would basically be put in a role that the BR AND Sniper already fill (and probably the pistol).

I'm not insulting you or anything, it's not like two nearly identical weapons have ever ended up in the same game before. I'm just hoping 343 learned the mistakes of things like Halo 2 (as far as duplicate weapons go).
---
#7Mike_VanderzandPosted 3/16/2012 8:39:43 PM

No.
No.
Definitely No.

When Frankie was asked if the BR was replacing the DMR, he said that the BR is an addition it does not replace anything.

Take from that what you will.
---
Walshy knows I'm a BEAST, PROOF:http://youtu.be/_YJ_OTU3-EQ
Sub my channel: http://www.youtube.com/mikevanderzand
#8SpiduxUnlimitedPosted 3/16/2012 11:28:07 PM
Mike_Vanderzand posted...

When Frankie was asked if the BR was replacing the DMR, he said that the BR is an addition it does not replace anything.

Then my assumption might be wrong. I hope it's not, there really doesn't need to be a DMR if there is a BR. It's like having a Red Plasma and a Blue Plasma all over again.
---
#9Mike_VanderzandPosted 3/17/2012 7:32:54 AM

Then my assumption might be wrong. I hope it's not, there really doesn't need to be a DMR if there is a BR. It's like having a Red Plasma and a Blue Plasma all over again.

Haha I liked the Brute Plasma Rifle.
---
Walshy knows I'm a BEAST, PROOF:http://youtu.be/_YJ_OTU3-EQ
Sub my channel: http://www.youtube.com/mikevanderzand
#10iliekdatPosted 3/17/2012 1:56:08 PM

Not really. The Magnum and Shotgun covering close range, BR covering close-mid range, DMR covering mid-long range, and Sniper covering long range seems fine to me.