I hope they don't waste time on a Forge variant for Halo 4

#1PathlessBulletPosted 3/17/2012 11:23:26 AM
It only gives them an excuse to pass copy pasted lego blocks off as maps. Dat generic texture and backdrop......
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#2Spartan_418Posted 3/17/2012 12:30:50 PM

No, Forge is a tool that the community needs, and it has allowed for a lot of creativity and good map variants. Yes, Bungie shipped too many Forge maps with Reach, but that doesn't mean the feature should be removed. 

I hope they give us a Forge World-type map, but one with a better object and color palette, like Human or Covenant flavored instead of Forerunner. 

#3CitadelSecurityPosted 3/17/2012 12:32:50 PM
Spartan_418 posted...
and it has allowed for a lot of creativity and good map variants

Name 7.
---
HOW THE **** EVEN?
Lithik0r
#4Spartan_418Posted 3/17/2012 12:41:51 PM

Ok fine, maybe I can't remember the names of the Forge maps I've played, but that doesn't mean a user-created content feature needs to be removed. It would really reduce the longevity and replay value of the game. It's one thing to ask for better maps in general, but there's no reason to ask for them to remove a feature like this. 

Besides, they've already confirmed that Forge is returning, so your cries are all in vain anyway. 

#5DelkuraPosted 3/17/2012 1:02:37 PM

TC just wants it to be more like COD.

#6proffPosted 3/17/2012 2:17:44 PM
Why remove an extra feature anyway? If you don't like it, you ain't gotta play it.
---
2x Universe = TUBE
#7clone11Posted 3/17/2012 2:40:31 PM

No way, Forge is great. I've played some pretty crazy variants with friends on user-made maps. Ghost Busters, Duck Hunt, Some slightly racist Japanese fighter pilot variant... What they need is to allow for more variety in color and such. More options. And they need to ship more original maps with the game and let the community handle created Forge maps.

#8appleturnover87Posted 3/17/2012 2:48:33 PM
I think what TC meant is he doesn't want them to use forge to make a lot of the maps on the disc, in which case I agree. If he means he doesn't want forge, then yeah that's stupid.Forge rocks. You (or at least I) can't put the tryhard on 24/7. It's fun to mess around in forge creations every once in a while.
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#9TIGERPOKEMONPosted 3/17/2012 3:08:27 PM
CitadelSecurity posted...
Spartan_418 posted...
and it has allowed for a lot of creativity and good map variants

Name 7.

Cliffhanger
Cliffhanger
Cliffhanger
Cliffhanger
Cliffhanger
Cliffhanger
Cliffhanger
---
(TDPS) The Dedicated Portable Society - Stand together for the general promotion of dedicated portables and the quality software they provide us. {3DS}