Covenant homeworld and Earth

#1Famine_10f4Posted 3/17/2012 4:52:58 PM

I heard from the great vine that the Covenant aliens will return, but the actual Covenant order would not. They come back again but they are your enemies (duh) and either fight along side whatever this new threat is or are small pockets of resistance like in Gears of War 3 with the savage Locust.

I think there would be some great opportunities to visit their homeworlds. Not sure how everyone else thinks but seeing the Elite homeworld or even where the Grunts originated from would be awesome.

As for Earth do any of you think there is a chance of Chief finding his way back home? I'm guessing whatever this new threat is it will have some vendetta against Earth.

#2devil mingyPosted 3/17/2012 5:25:49 PM
It could be interesting, though Glasslands makes Sanghelios out to be quite the rathole and most EU material shows the Grunt's homeworld to be a near unhabitable wasteland... and that's assuming you can actually breathe its atmosphere.
#3AddictedToXboxPosted 3/17/2012 5:46:49 PM
If they were to do this, I wonder if they would differentiate each world's gravity. Would add a twist to gameplay.
---
Don't mess with me because I can argue with you on the Internet!
#4feared4powerPosted 3/17/2012 5:57:35 PM

Famine_10f4 posted...

I heard from the great vine

Stopped reading here for one reason. GREAT VINE?!?!?!?!?

its grape vine

#5devil mingyPosted 3/17/2012 5:58:34 PM
^What if it was a great grape vine?
#6AddictedToXboxPosted 3/17/2012 6:10:39 PM
BTW mingy, I appreciate the comprehensive guide you posted about the entire Halo universe. Went through it all last night. I'm trying to find time to re-read the novels I have and acquire the ones I'm missing. So again, thanks.
---
Don't mess with me because I can argue with you on the Internet!
#7darksolgamerPosted 3/17/2012 6:20:15 PM
AddictedToXbox posted...
BTW mingy, I appreciate the comprehensive guide you posted about the entire Halo universe. Went through it all last night. I'm trying to find time to re-read the novels I have and acquire the ones I'm missing. So again, thanks.

I enjoyed the guide as well. I'm wondering if Mingy updated the guide with the new info we have from the last few months...
---
"I'm gonna pay him a...what do you call it? A beating! Yeah, I'm gonna pay him a beating!"
#8devil mingyPosted 3/17/2012 7:44:38 PM(edited)
^ I did have one prepared and fully updated (up from 30 posts long to 40 posts long). Unfortunately, a hard drive failure has caused a setback and I've been forced to work from a back-up (which was made after Glasslands). It shouldn't take too long to get it back up and refined to fit GameFAQs' ludicrously archaic formatting.

If nothing else, it should be done before The Thursday War comes out. :P

I do appreciate all of the feedback, everyone. Many thanks :) I'm always looking for stuff to add and refine.
#9cpo335Posted 3/17/2012 9:17:26 PM

devil mingy posted...
^ I did have one prepared and fully updated (up from 30 posts long to 40 posts long). Unfortunately, a hard drive failure has caused a setback and I've been forced to work from a back-up (which was made after Glasslands). It shouldn't take too long to get it back up and refined to fit GameFAQs' ludicrously archaic formatting.

If nothing else, it should be done before The Thursday War comes out. :P

I do appreciate all of the feedback, everyone. Many thanks :) I'm always looking for stuff to add and refine.

Can you let us know when it is finished? I remember reading your other one right around when Halo 4 was annouced and it was splendid. I'd really like to read it again to catch up on all the stuff from the novels since I havn't read any of it.

#10devil mingyPosted 3/17/2012 11:08:26 PM
Well, these last few posts have definitely galvanized my work ethic on it.