Changes I would like in Halo 4

#1shiftylukePosted 3/21/2012 12:27:39 AM
These are just some things I would like to see in Halo 4 that replace older functions from reach.

-Replace armor abilities into map pickups, like equipment from Halo 3.

-Should Forge World return, they should make at least a couple of different maps, so we dont see the same background for every custom map we play. Or at least have an option to change the time of day and weather, so the textures look different.

-ADD UNDO/REDO TO FORGE.

-Option to create firefight maps (If that gametype returns)

-If the current armory system stays, make the shinpads and wrist guards not overpriced like they were.

-Mabye have the option to change the voice of your spartan

-If, for some reason, you can play as elites again, have the option to customise different parts of their armor, not just have set armor sets for them

Anyone else agree? Have any more to add?
---
"You guys are weird. I don't take poops or dumps. I leave them right there in the toilet." - Knifegash
#2COLL1NPosted 3/21/2012 1:28:34 AM
I agree with with mostly everything you say. They should also just remove elites from multilayer completely. They don't belong in the game only their weapons do XD
#3TwinmoldPosted 3/21/2012 8:53:31 AM

Hell yeah.

-Should Forge World return, they should make at least a couple of different maps, so we dont see the same background for every custom map we play. Or at least have an option to change the time of day and weather, so the textures look different.

Basically like Halo 3 then but with more pieces right? I would rather have smaller but more numerous maps to modify than one giant one.

-ADD UNDO/REDO TO FORGE.

Hell yeah.

It would create an AI pathing nightmare and would never work. It only worked in Timesplitters because of the simplicity of the maps.

-If the current armory system stays, make the shinpads and wrist guards not overpriced like they were.

Out of all the things in the armory this is what you think was overpriced? Comparatively, they were extremely cheap.

So change the scream your Spartan makes when dies?

-If, for some reason, you can play as elites again, have the option to customise different parts of their armor, not just have set armor sets for them

Unless they are changing the elites back to their funny looking lobster design I doubt they are returning.

---------

I want better balanced weapons personally. I enjoyed how in Halo 3 that was more than just the BR and power weapons. (Though it was far from perfect). Bring back the carbine, and rebalance the weapons so the AR / plasma rifle / whatever else they have doesn't suck.

Bring back a permanent 4v4 playlist! 5v5 is too chaotic on smaller maps.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#4alkahsuPosted 3/21/2012 2:37:28 PM(edited)
Beam rifle needs to return.

Beam rifle > sniper rifle

Also, when sprinting you should be "knocked out" of sprint if shot by a weapon
---
99% of my posts are made from my phone so ignore the spelling/grammatical errors.
#5ssj3bladePosted 3/22/2012 6:33:02 AM
Beam Rifle doesn't > Sniper Rifle, but it does > Focus Rifle.

Covie needs a weapon just as good as the Sniper Rifle.

I actually hate the BR, and 3 shot bursts anyway... Should be an option for both that and the DMR.

Equipment idea from Halo 3 sucked compared to AAs, you'd rather trade weak infinite powers for one time use super broken powers? No thanks, I'll keep my Sprint / Evade.

Fixed non-dynamic reticle from H3 was poor as well, needs more dynamic size changing a la Reach.
---
http://i.imgur.com/CqnIz.png
~ ssj3blade
|| Gamertag = finalfantastica
#6ripin12Posted 3/22/2012 6:36:20 AM
I think you should only be knocked out of sprint when ur shields are taken down
---
<RAH>
#7alkahsuPosted 3/22/2012 12:09:34 PM
ssj3blade posted...

Equipment idea from Halo 3 sucked compared to AAs, you'd rather trade weak infinite powers for one time use super broken powers? No thanks, I'll keep my Sprint / Evade.

Equipment is far superior than AA's (of course no equipment, no AA's would be best). With AA's you can just spam them since they are unlimited, equipment requires you to strategize on the best time/place/situation to use it. AA's dumb the game down.
---
99% of my posts are made from my phone so ignore the spelling/grammatical errors.
#8shiftyluke(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2012 1:48:09 PM
Twinmold posted...

Hell yeah.

Basically like Halo 3 then but with more pieces right? I would rather have smaller but more numerous maps to modify than one giant one.

-ADD UNDO/REDO TO FORGE.

Hell yeah.

It would create an AI pathing nightmare and would never work. It only worked in Timesplitters because of the simplicity of the maps.

Out of all the things in the armory this is what you think was overpriced? Comparatively, they were extremely cheap.

So change the scream your Spartan makes when dies?

Unless they are changing the elites back to their funny looking lobster design I doubt they are returning.

---------

I want better balanced weapons personally. I enjoyed how in Halo 3 that was more than just the BR and power weapons. (Though it was far from perfect). Bring back the carbine, and rebalance the weapons so the AR / plasma rifle / whatever else they have doesn't suck.

Bring back a permanent 4v4 playlist! 5v5 is too chaotic on smaller maps.

Basically, yeah. Unlike the firefight voices (which I blindy bought the most expensive one for reasons I dont understand myself, I didnt even play firefight that often), it would only change the scream your spartan makes when he dies, and mabye the other noises he makes too when he spints or takes a big fall and survives.
---
"You guys are weird. I don't take poops or dumps. I leave them right there in the toilet." - Knifegash
#9shiftyluke(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2012 1:52:52 PM
And although its unlikely, I'd love it if they somehow brought back scarabs to fight. I was dissapointed to see the only scarabs in reach were just passing by, and you didnt get to blow them up like in halo 3
---
#10jwhudexnlsPosted 3/23/2012 2:48:32 PM
I think they should keep sprint though, i liked that.