Changes I would like in Halo 4

#11K_J_2021Posted 3/23/2012 10:05:41 PM
I would like the game play to be like red vs blue but of course that would never happen
---
lil kj1 - Regret H4X
#12samus_fan_um_usPosted 3/24/2012 6:03:27 PM
alkahsu posted...
Also, when sprinting you should be "knocked out" of sprint if shot by a weapon

No. Lore-Wise, this wouldn't happen. Only if caught by total surprise (i.e. Sleeping, in civilian clothes) would a Spartan flinch that badly. Gameplay-Wise, just imagine how annoying that would be.

Maybe like a sniper rifle shot or some high powered stuff, but definitely not anything less.
---
If it ain't gamerscore, it ain't worth it.
#13obirickPosted 3/24/2012 6:11:33 PM
Considering the momentum of a Spartan while sprinting, maybe an explosion (grenades) or a burst of rounds to the knees or legs could cause the Spartan to accidentally vault through the air or fall to the ground.
---
Fail x10! Max combo! New high score...in fail!
I refuse to take part in this thread....ahh crap
#14samus_fan_um_usPosted 3/24/2012 6:15:21 PM
or that, yes. I was referring to bullets, but explosions definitely complicate things.
---
If it ain't gamerscore, it ain't worth it.
#15alkahsuPosted 3/24/2012 8:58:35 PM
I don't care about the lore when it comes to gameplay and why do you think it (being knocked out of sprint) would be bad gameplay wise?

The way I see it, it would eliminate sprint+sword, sprint+hammer, sprint+double melee, sprint+anything and people couldn't flee from battle while still allowing the player to get right back into the thick of things.

It keeps the positives of sprint and eliminates the biggest complaints.
---
99% of my posts are made from my phone so ignore the spelling/grammatical errors.
#16ssj3bladePosted 3/25/2012 12:48:18 PM

I don't care about the lore when it comes to gameplay and why do you think it (being knocked out of sprint) would be bad gameplay wise?

The way I see it, it would eliminate sprint+sword, sprint+hammer, sprint+double melee, sprint+anything and people couldn't flee from battle while still allowing the player to get right back into the thick of things.

Sprint + Sword = broken like it should be.
Sprint + Hammer / Double Melee = bleedthrough damage here.

And using Sprint to run from battle is how it should be used? Do you just hate Sprint? I'd say u mad Armour Lock noob but I'd like to think it's not that petty.

---
http://i.imgur.com/CqnIz.png
~ ssj3blade
|| Gamertag = finalfantastica
#17alkahsuPosted 3/25/2012 3:56:40 PM
ssj3blade posted...

Sprint + Sword = broken like it should be.
Sprint + Hammer / Double Melee = bleedthrough damage here.

And using Sprint to run from battle is how it should be used? Do you just hate Sprint? I'd say u mad Armour Lock noob but I'd like to think it's not that petty.

I like sprint, but it needs some tweaks to get rid of the "broken" aspects of it. Also, Sprint should be used to move around the map, not flee from battle when you've been outplayed.
---
99% of my posts are made from my phone so ignore the spelling/grammatical errors.
#18ssj3bladePosted 3/25/2012 4:01:28 PM

I like sprint, but it needs some tweaks to get rid of the "broken" aspects of it. Also, Sprint should be used to move around the map, not flee from battle when you've been outplayed.

But technically by running from the fight you've just outplayed the guy who outplayed you. Evade is much more broken in this sense anyway... Sprint only causes problems in this situation when either the map is tiny with loads of corners, or the Sprint user bails after taking one shot.

It's also because I've never encountered an issue playing with Sprint or against Sprint users that I don't find it broken.

---
http://i.imgur.com/CqnIz.png
~ ssj3blade
|| Gamertag = finalfantastica