I hope the plot's not time travel...

#1Fear_AwakensPosted 4/7/2012 1:53:28 PM
I was playing through Halo CE Anniversary, and when Cortana stopped me from firing Halo, 343 Guilty Spark said something to the effect of:

'Why would you hesitate to do what you have already done? When we first fired the rings, you asked me if I would do it, were it my choice. My answer has not changed.'

Now, granted, this isn't exact text, but it's close... and since they never touched on that line in the first 3 Halo games, I have a sickening feeling that Master Chief went through a wormhole or something and Halos 4-6 will basically be about Master Chief being the Forerunner that fired the rings, and since they said Halo 5 was going to much darker before it's resolved in 6, I assume that's because the Flood will have taken over the whole damn galaxy, and when it's "resolved" is when Master Chief activates all the Halo rings.

Which means that the whole thing will turn into one of those stupid time paradoxes, because if John-117 is the Forerunner, that means the Covenant worshiped the Master Chief, whom they called 'Demon'.

I REALLY hope that I'm wrong, because this would be a super crap plot. Combined with changing the gameplay to focus on exploration, I wouldn't buy the games at all. This is all just speculation, of course, and beyond that one line of 343 Guilty Spark's, I have nothing to go off of. What I would like would be Thel'vadumee (The Arbiter of Halos 2-3) going to look for the Chief, but I don't think it's going to happen... someone prove me wrong, please?
---
You can't kick ass and have both feet on the ground at the same time.
#2NightmanxComethPosted 4/7/2012 4:13:42 PM
Don't think so, the covenant seem to be the main enemies in the game again and I'm pretty sure they weren't around back then. However, they could end Halo 4 with Chief going back in time so yeah I guess there's a pretty good chance that this could the main plot outline for the next trilogy. Not so bad if you ask, a little cliche but I never considered Halo to have a good story anyway.
---
ME FREAKIN APE MAN! ME NO GIVE CRAP!
#3SpiduxUnlimitedPosted 4/7/2012 4:18:37 PM
That line was suppose to infer that humans (and by that extention Cheif) are the decendants of Forerunners. He was asking John why he wasn't going to fire the rings to stop the Flood like the Forerunners did before.

I doubt they will go the time travel route.

Of course, with all of the information about how 343 basically want's the MP community to die, they might as well put a stake in the Campaigns heart too.
---
With my middle finger up I'm sayin **** how you feel
GT: SPIDUX
#4alextheballerPosted 4/7/2012 4:42:14 PM
You guys should just read cryptum and primordium. He's not going to be Master Chief the long lost time traveler.
#5SpiduxUnlimitedPosted 4/7/2012 4:44:39 PM
I haven't read those books so I don't know for sure how it exactly plays out, but I know that just about everything relating to the Halo Universe that was mentioned in Halo CE has been retconned or twisted out of context one way or another.
---
With my middle finger up I'm sayin **** how you feel
GT: SPIDUX
#6Famine_10f4Posted 4/7/2012 4:50:55 PM

Guilty Spark is a crazy robot, he believes you are Forerunner. I believe when he said that line he was referring to another Forerunner back when the Halo rings were first fired...

#7Fear_Awakens(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2012 11:50:45 AM
Thanks for the replies, people. I just got the new Game Informer, and although it says nothing about the plot, it does say the Spartans in multiplayer are Spartan IVs, meaning they're another evolution after the IIIs on Reach, being formed on the UNSC Infinity. They'll have their own plot, with a new mission released each week, and since they're continuing Spartan evolution, I can only think that means Master Chief didn't go back in time. Thanks for all the reassurance; I hope that 343 can deliver.
---
You can't kick ass and have both feet on the ground at the same time.
#8darksolgamerPosted 4/14/2012 12:12:25 PM
devil mingy's story topic implied that that line may be connected to the Forerunner novel trilogy, and it seems like a possibility to me since a certain character does have memories inherited from that storyline.
---
"I'm gonna pay him a...what do you call it? A beating! Yeah, I'm gonna pay him a beating!"
#9CM101PlayPosted 4/14/2012 9:30:44 PM
"You ARE Forerunner" - 343 in Halo 3 iirc
---
Roll Tide for the National Champions! RMFT!
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud put this as your signature