I don't see how these changes are so hard to get use to.

#11MrGreedPosted 4/9/2012 3:58:56 PM
appleturnover87 posted...
jester48 posted...
kamenc posted...
I think the random weapon respawns actually make for more interesting and competitive play. Map control will be much more important now since ur not sure where that sniper will respawn. It also will make playing maps less repetitive since it won't be the sane rush here for rockets, snipe whatever.

Sure it could backfire and not be good but it seems like ( from this change at least) they might make things better. I'm waiting to see game informer before judging and not giving into rumors.

Also instant respawns means possible removal of extermination medal. ( if u think about it)

Random will never add to competitive play.

Exactly. This isn't a case of whether or not the change will be bad, it's a case of how bad will it be? Hopefully this is something that only pertains to playlists like rumble pit and such. I was also thinking they could have set power weapon spawns but the power weapon that spawned would be randomized. Of course that's still ****ing dumb but it's not as bad as stuff spawning anywhere on the map.

From what I heard power weapon spawns are fixed just different power weapons will spawn. Not saying it is a good idea or anything. Maybe it isn't to random. I am going to wait and play the game to see if theses changes are good or bad. Getting upset now does nothing. Not saying you are.
---
I like my pet cat. - bladedwraith
#12kamencPosted 4/9/2012 6:10:13 PM
I agree randomness doesn't help competitive play, that was just my attempt at giving a possible reasoning for 343 doing this. I'm just very confused by that company right now. They take out randomness of bloom and add randomness in weapon spawns and they want to make competitive maps yet jetpack (supposedly) returns which makes moving through a map (learning jumps) etc pointless ( well not pointless but anyone could just jetpack to the areas anyway) My first post was trying to make sense of "competitive map design" and then adding this random element.

Idk but I guess all we can do is wait and see how it all plays out. This first leak has been somewhat disappointing I think we can mostly agree. I welcome change to the series ( I dont want it to turn stale) but it's hard to welcome too.
---
Xbox live account was stolen. 12-6-11. I hate ppl. I got it back 12-26-11.
#13lderivedxPosted 4/9/2012 6:49:58 PM
It's pretty easy to get used to things when you're going negative all the time. You don't have to do anything differently: people will still stomp you.
---
what do you expect from a gun (DMR) that has a krazy-straw for a barrel? - irishman5705
GT: i derive dx
#14EliteGuard99Posted 4/9/2012 7:01:56 PM
knightimex posted...
Rapid re-spawn?

* Stop being selfish thinking about yourself and actually work together with your teammates.
A functional squad can easily take out 2 stragglers as firepower will likely out weigh theirs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random item drops

* Don't camp. You're given sprint as standard for a reason.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those 2 changes alone will be very easy to work with.
I'm disturbed that many will struggle to adapt to something so simple.

You don't get it, it's not that these changes are too hard, it's that an iconic series like Halo is having an identity crisis!
---
Skyrim, Wide as an ocean but as deep as a puddle.
#15DISTURBED157Posted 4/9/2012 7:33:03 PM
EliteGuard99 posted...
knightimex posted...
Rapid re-spawn?

* Stop being selfish thinking about yourself and actually work together with your teammates.
A functional squad can easily take out 2 stragglers as firepower will likely out weigh theirs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random item drops

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't get it, it's not that these changes are too hard, it's that an iconic series like Halo is having an identity crisis!

this. halo is halo and cod is cod. they should stay different
---
It wasn't me it was the one armed man
#16fullmetalyanalPosted 4/9/2012 7:56:13 PM
DISTURBED157 posted...
EliteGuard99 posted...
knightimex posted...
Rapid re-spawn?

Random item drops

this. halo is halo and cod is cod. they should stay different

Change is inevitable, they are gonna try this to see if it works. It doesn't sound so bad if they implement it properly like maybe there are designated points where a weapon will spawn but random weapon spawns will change what weapon is there.
---
Gt-fullmetal9yanal I hate most of you. This has been entrusted to me. http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh291/sly_reflex/trollomen.png
#17Ext_MePosted 4/9/2012 8:00:09 PM
No, every Halo game needs to be Halo 2.
Adding things is stupid, don't do that. Just sell me the same thing. Yearly.
---
I play fighting games. Shooting at stuff is cool too.
GT: H1Z1 Influenza/PSN: Extermin8ted